Venezuela

Hey, no, there is nothing wrong on don't undestand the manual. I personally dont undestand few things in the manual. That's why IRC is always welcome for that kind of stuff...

Anyway, let us know how is your progress and if you have the IRC on, show your progress there or in the famitracker forum, you will probably recieve more feedback there than in this forum.

Btw, in case you wanna practice/learn more and more, another good way of learning is by doing OHCs. These are the best way to practice in my opinion.

Austin, Texas

Yeah, lurk the BOTB IRC channel and you'll be in line for the One Hour Compo, or OHC as they are called.

Philadelphia, PA

OHC has been deprecated.  We say OHB.  I guess it's because we're not #mod_shrine.  ONE HOUR BATTLE.

Austin, Texas

my bad dogg thanks for correcting me.

here's an ftm file when I had a go at learning Famitracker a couple of years back.  tbh if you've used other trackers it seems really easy to switch over.  The effects list is practically the same as Pro/Fast/Milky/Goattracker and the volume channel commands are straight out of FastTracker. (being one of the few chips where volumes can be directly changed without having to have an envelope set up)   If you've done any GB music the instrument setup should be pretty familiar, after all the GB chip is just a cutdown 2a03 anyway.  I used the add-on VCR6 on this, but working with that is just like doing chipmods.

vancouver, canada
4mat wrote:

here's an ftm file when I had a go at learning Famitracker a couple of years back.  tbh if you've used other trackers it seems really easy to switch over.  The effects list is practically the same as Pro/Fast/Milky/Goattracker and the volume channel commands are straight out of FastTracker. (being one of the few chips where volumes can be directly changed without having to have an envelope set up)   If you've done any GB music the instrument setup should be pretty familiar, after all the GB chip is just a cutdown 2a03 anyway.  I used the add-on VCR6 on this, but working with that is just like doing chipmods.

you should do more famitracker work!  why is this not a reality?