New York City
xylo wrote:

I just love the sound the old machines make when you use the keyboard. heart

It's more than just the sound, it feels awesome. It's one of the best keyboards I ever typed on.

Yerz: I would love to try Digibooster. maybe a collab is in place wink Does your version use AHI? That would explain the volume control. But I am pretty sure there are otehr trackers that support volume control on all 8 channels, like OctaMED or Soundtrekker, even on an A500.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Aug 21, 2012 12:17 pm)

The Rubber Man

IrrlichtProject:
> and i never get around to doing something with amiga anyway
--------------
Hehe, You might try. It's pretty cool wink

Akira:
> I would love to try Digibooster. maybe a collab is in place
------------
Haha, why not. wink It's not too hard. Actually when You know OctaMED or ProTracker, then You know the DB already, more-less. wink

> Does your version use AHI?
---------
I admit I even don't know what's that.
Until now, since 1994 I was only putting a diskette into A500 - and it was working. wink

> That would explain the volume control. But I am pretty sure there are otehr trackers that support volume control on all 8 channels, like OctaMED or Soundtrekker, even on an A500.
---------------------------
Erm.. I don't know if I get it - DB has all volumes on all channels. There is no problem without it.

As for the OctaMED - what version do You use? (And on what machine?)
I have something like 4.0 version? The one with an alien playin' synthesizers. wink
This version has only 4 volumes. When I change volume in channel 1, the same happens on channel 5. Therefore it's actually easier to not to use volumes at all (and only 'simulate' them using louder and silent samples).

Greetzzz.
Y

Bratislava, Slovakia

I have had one CD where was probably ALL Amiga trackers and editors available, i tried even this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6QRB6ZLJcU  but DigiBooster was really good (i translated app manual from polish language to slovak and got one copy for free, together with replay routine smile. At the beginning i created main sequence in ProTracker and then loaded it into DB, because is was quicker for me.

Later versions of DigiBooster and MED Soundstudio have AHI support for hardware mixing in 14-bit resolution, but at least MC68030/50 MHz and FastRAM is really recommended.

Last edited by martin_demsky (Aug 21, 2012 2:52 pm)

The Rubber Man
akira^8GB wrote:

Yerz: I would love to try Digibooster. maybe a collab is in place wink

Anyway - write me just in case:
yerzmyey AT interia.pl

Martin:
> Later versions of DigiBooster and MED Soundstudio have AHI support for hardware mixing in 14-bit resolution, but at least MC68030/50 MHz and FastRAM is really recommended.
--------------------
And that version would be nice indeed, squeezing Paula to max (plus rendering music to file, as I've been told), but those new CPU cards are extremely expensive, so I don't even thing about it now, hehheh.

San Francisco

Amiga music is always welcome in my book.

Psydney, Australia

re AHI, not super sure, but I think only Digibooster Pro uses it.

It's a sound library where the sound mixing is done by the processor, to overcome the hardware sound limits of the Amiga (4 channels, hard panning). Needless to say it only makes sense on stronger amigas with faster CPUs and more mem. If you have an a500 and are booting from the digibooster disk, there's a REALLY good chance you're not using AHI big_smile

The Rubber Man

Wedanced:
I like the machine too. It was my first 16-bit computer after ZX Spectrum's 8bit era; I bought it in 1994. smile
But the normal PC came and somehow I have never managed to get A1200 then.
So I finally got it now. wink better now than never, haha. wink

iLKke:
And that's what I've been told, exactly. smile
For full 8ch I use Amiga 1200 with 10Mb of RAM and hardddisk. CPU is standard but that;s what DigiBooster 1.7 has been written for, so it works nice (and takes only about 47% of CPU time).
I even didn't try pro because people said it's actually pointless on a standard 1200. wink

For now I made only 2 A1200 songs as I'm pretty busy with AY music (2 for games, 1 for a demo).
But I will get back to Amiga tomorrow probably.

Meanwhile - this is the first song I have ever made on 1200:
http://yerzmyey.i-demo.pl/Yerzmyey-Inte … usader.mp3
Supposedly - more to come. wink

Greetzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,
Y

The Rubber Man

OK, I have 5 songs now.
One of them - http://yerzmyey.i-demo.pl/Yerzmyey-Into_aphelium.mp3
Nice work, when one has a sampler, heheheh.
I intend to make at least 7 to get some reasonable set of songs.
And I have to say that DigiBooster is a really cool prog.
Greetz,
Y

Psydney, Australia

The cheese is strong with that one.

The Rubber Man

Hehe, I dunno if it's good or bad as I don't know this idiom. wink

Anywayz. The album is ready in the music part, 32 min. long.
Have to make some cover-art and wait a bit for some friends to finish our businesses.
Anyway, the A1200 set of new 8ch songs should be out in a month or so.

Greetzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,
Y

The Rubber Man

Ah, I completely forgot.
The A1200 album is ready for a few days.
Enjoy: http://yerzmyey.i-demo.pl/

Greetz to all Amiga fans. smile

Last edited by YERZMYEY (Oct 10, 2012 9:27 pm)

.FILTHadelphia

Oh fuck yea! GeoCosmos is siiiick! Is there a link to download the whole album or do I have to do it by individual tracks?

God, I want an Amiga.

The Rubber Man

Defiantsystems

> Oh fuck yea! GeoCosmos is siiiick!
-----------
Hehe, thanks mate. smile

> Is there a link to download the whole album or do I have to do it by individual tracks?
------------
Sadly the server is not mine, so I have to be careful with size of uploading. Hence I wasn't able to upload it twice (separate songs + one ZIP). You know - if I romp too much, then they will kick me out of the server.

> God, I want an Amiga.
-------------
A nice piece of hardware. For full 8 channels You'd have to get A1200.
They say the DigiBooster works also on A600 but with 6 channels max.

Best wishes,
Y

Tokyo, Japan

Nice one!

Been trying to get an amiga set up myself actually...

...still waiting Akira!