matt's mind

yeah, that's used to emulate one of the MBC chips, functionall something the same.  it could be a proprietary mapping depending on how the rom was written/compiled but its the same thought process.  just a matter of addressing +256kb sized roms.

here's a bigger picture of the other cart.
the eprom is a TMS27PC010A- 15NL LUE9310, it's kinda hard to read, because of the pen on top (tried to remove some of it.. kinda faded.)

I could send you this one when I send the gameboy smile So you can mess around with it.

matt's mind

i would love that.very.much.

It looks like that would be a quite simple cart to reproduce... Just two programmable chips and you're done. Even if it's only for small programs like nanovoice or stuff like that.

Hungary

I think I've managed to find an interesting DMG ...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NINTENDO-3-G … 500wt_1203

Melbourne, Australia
Acid wrote:

I think I've managed to find an interesting DMG ...

Well, somebody definitely thought it was interesting 'cause the auction just ended for $221.50! I bet the seller is dumbstruck that their broken GameBoys sold for so much!! smile

I have a couple of weird carts if they would be of use:

There's a picture of the insides of a similar one here, they replace the Nintendo logo at start-up with one like this.

ha, that gameboy case it pretty cool indeed.
also, I've never seen those Sachen carts before. they look interesting. It's kinda cool they also change the logo tongue

I should restart my cart guide again that I made back in the 8bc days...
Here's a mirrored link

the serial KF-2000 on that gameboy is also used on other clones.
Like this one

or one of these:
(found here)
But none of them have the sideways start/select.
That gamefighter is actually quite awesome.

more here:
http://ultimateconsoledatabase.com/portables/kf2000.htm

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐
Timbob wrote:

I should restart my cart guide again that I made back in the 8bc days...
Here's a mirrored link

ahhhhh nostalgia... ;D

STARDRAIN, CA
Apeshit wrote:

I'm almost 100% sure this is made by the same people that made this. The console and the game. The poor milling of the PCB is identical.

Edit: actually, if I look at all my pirate carts, they all have very similar PCBs with similar markings. I wonder if they're all made by the same people.

Also, you should cover up that eprom so that it doesn't get wiped

WHERE THE FUCK DO I GET ONE OF THESE? and who's used it with LSDJ/nanoloop?

STARDRAIN, CA

ahha i didnt look hard enough on this thread. nvm

STARDRAIN, CA

FUCK, i realy want that KF-800..

STARDRAIN, CA

or, 2000 rather, but the one with the lightning bolt like design

matt's mind

^ i've got two that are basically the same guts as this, they WILL play gameboy carts,

the wav channel is really screwy though...  somewhere, on cm.o i think, this console came up and I posted the results from a sound check ROM there.  the wav channel failed in the test, it would play back data but really screwy.

Orange County, CA

omg that gamefighter is so rad

STARDRAIN, CA
kitsch wrote:

^ i've got two that are basically the same guts as this, they WILL play gameboy carts,

the wav channel is really screwy though...  somewhere, on cm.o i think, this console came up and I posted the results from a sound check ROM there.  the wav channel failed in the test, it would play back data but really screwy.

hm.. that MIGHT be interesting to play around with.