Russia, Moscow

The new episode is now with subtitles. It is about Lion King games.

rochester, ny

thank you!!

Nomad's Land

yeeehaw, finally! one of the best episodes yet, so it was definately worth the wait.

Edinburgh

San Francisco

Last edited by wedanced (Mar 23, 2012 10:20 pm)

.FILTHadelphia

I've heard of the Dendy before but never in such great detail. Great series.

Russia, Moscow

Subtitles for the previous video are now available.

Kinaman currently runs few related projects in parallel. Here is an overview.

- 'Dendy Chronicles', a scripted series that is focused on specifics of Dendy gaming - pirate games, problems, absurdity, etc. New episodes come out rarely, like once per two months. It takes that much time because people who helps Kinaman to film it are living at another cities, also because props needs to be prepared (bought and delivered). Kinaman does not even own a camera yet, although he going to get one soon.

- 'On the Kitchen', an unscripted let's play series. Kinaman with a guest beats a difficult game, or not so difficult one, but in some special way, using a real Dendy. This series is scheduled one per month - althouhg it still involves filming and help of other people, it takes less time to make.

- 'Kinamania Live' is a realtime let's play that uses an emulator. It is mostly Coulthard's project (one of guys that helps Kinaman), they host it together and beat two games per episode, while answering chat questions. Games that are played here are selected of those that aren't suitable for other projects (too easy, too good, etc). This is not strictly scheduled, but may be 1-2 times per month.

- 'Dendy Memories', the most recent unscripted series. Kinaman tells stories about his own gaming experience with Dendy and certain games. No schedule is given for this series yet.

As for translation, 'Chronicles' are easiest, because it is scripted, so it is well structured and worded. 'Memories' are more difficult, because it is unscripted, with pauses, corrections, and thoughts not always worded well. Both let's plays are really difficult for me, because it is always two hosts, they constantly interrupt themselves and each other, and sometimes talks too quiet as well.

.FILTHadelphia
Shiru wrote:

As for translation, 'Chronicles' are easiest, because it is scripted, so it is well structured and worded. 'Memories' are more difficult, because it is unscripted, with pauses, corrections, and thoughts not always worded well. Both let's plays are really difficult for me, because it is always two hosts, they constantly interrupt themselves and each other, and sometimes talks too quiet as well.

Your translation work is very much appreciated. This is honestly one of the best series of reviews and retrospectives I've seen on gaming, so I'm glad you're willing to translate it to English.

Edinburgh
defiantsystems wrote:

Your translation work is very much appreciated. This is honestly one of the best series of reviews and retrospectives I've seen on gaming, so I'm glad you're willing to translate it to English.

Seconded. I really enjoy this series. Thanks so much for taking the time to translate it and share it with us non-Russian speakers.

Russia, Moscow

The sixth episode is translated. As it was announced in the previous episode, it is about Aladdin games.

Besides the english subtitles, four first episodes now have spanish subtitles by Emiliano Figueroa.

Russia, Moscow

Russia, Moscow

My Igloo

Ohh WOW! It's almost unbelievable that Dendy could yank the chain of a whole nation for so long. I find it utterly amazing and disturbing at the same time. Russia had some serious trolls, that's for sure.

Thank's for sharing this fantastic piece of gaming history with us Shiru, I enjoyed it thoroughly!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnVwRrsdWFA

this just has got to be translated for everyone's pleasure! kinda central television talks about dendy and modern 8bit movement in a very serious manner. macron is being interviewed there.

dendy is still being produced in Zelenograd!!! with games!!

needless to say, i'm pretty shocked!

Russia, Moscow

Actually I thought to translate this video if someone could help and deal up with adding the subtitles to the video, through reupload or something, as I'm not sure how and who to contact with about this (the video has been uploaded by many people).

Meanwhile, Dendy Memories #4.

Russia, Moscow