NorthTtrrrway
jrasor wrote:

The Mist Toggles released a cartridge with a drone soundscape sort of thing. They'd probably be a good resource.

we
used mml

Tacoma, WA

Woah... just thought of something... what if you made a music video on the gameboy to accompany one or more of the songs... Sounds like a lot of sleepless nights doing a lot of programming... I can't wait to see the finished result. Keep at it man!

Unsubscribe
Vellain wrote:

Woah... just thought of something... what if you made a music video on the gameboy to accompany one or more of the songs... Sounds like a lot of sleepless nights doing a lot of programming... I can't wait to see the finished result. Keep at it man!

Boston, MA
Vellain wrote:

Woah... just thought of something... what if you made a music video on the gameboy to accompany one or more of the songs

those are called demos and people have been doing it for ages : http://gameboy.modermodemet.se/

Austin, Texas

Ah, the day a young chip enthusiast discovers demoscene.

We just witnessed something beautiful, gentlemen. smile

LONDON

From what I've downloaded and seen from demoscene, it appears to be (incredibly talented) individuals working on very pretty images and animations.

But, as the name suggests, they are demos. There is no story arc or characters to love/hate so to me at least, lacks a certain warmth (unless anyone can correct me??). I thought Vellain meant more music video than short graphical animation. Vellain?

Unsubscribe
BrokenSpares wrote:

From what I've downloaded and seen from demoscene, it appears to be (incredibly talented) individuals working on very pretty images and animations.

But, as the name suggests, they are demos. There is no story arc or characters to love/hate so to me at least, lacks a certain warmth

BK
herr_prof wrote:
Vellain wrote:

LOVE this demo.

Seattle, WA US

I wish I was cool enough 2 demoseen

Iowa
boaconstructor wrote:

I wish I was cool enough 2 demoseen

Austin, Texas

u n me both br0

England

learn to program. start simple. everyone needs to start somewhere.

Last edited by Jellica (Nov 9, 2012 1:03 pm)

You're making things double difficult for yourselves trying to put it on a cartridge.  Try writing something on one of the old computers first THEN go to cartridge, they're a lot less strict on what has to go where and how they can be programmed.   Plus FFS we could do with more chipscene releases on 8-bit computers, there are only a handful of demoscene musicians still doing it.

Austin, Texas

Yeah, it's hard not to love the Commodore 64. :3