having troubles sucessfully using ringmod in SDI tracker for c64 , i cant figure out what enables the oscillators after i make the correect waveforms. ive also tried to copy exact instruments, wrote them down on paper and input all the info and when i tried to use all the instruments, most of them where an arp , kick , and snare/noise combination and not the correct synth , maybe i input something wrong into the waveforms. any help would be appreciated . ill be looking more into ringmod to fully understand it tho it wont help much in this tracker . thats why ive come here for help/. im so close...!

England

havnt used SDI but to use the ring mod it should just be a case of creating intruments that are just

14 - for ring mod

17 - for ring mod sync'd to another channel (usually the one to the left - ie ring mod on ch2 reads from channel 1, 3 reads from 2 and 1 reads from 3)

it reads instument info from the channel on the left, so if you dont have anything there it can be silent, or sound like the triangle.

so in ch1 create a short thing with a triangle instrument using 11
in ch2 create a short thing with ring mod inmtrument using 17

play and you should hear the ring mod.

use pitch bends, different notes, vibrato to made it sound more funky!

from your description in sounds like you are using a ring mod line in an instrument table that is working as a kick or whatever, you probably wont hear the effect of it that much that way.

Last edited by Jellica (Nov 12, 2012 11:59 am)

England

the SDI docs suggest it might be 03 and 05 for ring mod, rather than 14 and 17

Last edited by Jellica (Nov 12, 2012 12:07 pm)