First new complete track since 2010, first time using wav bass/kicks instead of drum kits. having 3 tonal channels instead of just 2 is so great, I feel like I cheated my old songs by using drum kits.

let me know what you think.

http://soundcloud.com/8bitdad/faster

edit: I didn't throw down a link.

Last edited by 8bitDAD (Nov 18, 2012 4:57 am)

New Orleans, Louisiana

Awesome melody.. wasn't expecting too much, but I was pleasantly surprised! Keep it up bro.

Fargo

Nice!  I really dig the part around 1:50.  So good!

I like this.

I dig it. You may want to experiment with a "break" pattern in the drums, to me the drums are too spacey, and I was expecting a buildup in the drums leading to 1:50. The current drum part isn't shabby at all, and the rest of the song is catchy. Check your PM's.

Last edited by thebitman (Nov 18, 2012 3:29 pm)

Jersey City, NJ

i liked this.   it has a nice driving rhythm.
spooky melody.  my favorite part is the little lead riff at 2:35.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. And bit, your suggestions are definitely taken to heart. Everything is work in progress.

Chicago IL
thebitman wrote:

I dig it. You may want to experiment with a "break" pattern in the drums, to me the drums are too spacey

basically the problem is that there's no hi hats

Saskrotch wrote:
thebitman wrote:

I dig it. You may want to experiment with a "break" pattern in the drums, to me the drums are too spacey

basically the problem is that there's no hi hats

Yeah there's a consensus on the drums, and obviously I spent the last time on them. That'll have to change.

a lot of the melodies seem to collide&clash and the bassline needs to be more prominent

try to split up the 2 pulse channels via different octaves and instruments

maybe try to make more opposing sections instead of having the same instruments and rhythms the whole way through