nz

@Crystal Labs
Thank you. smile

@Akira
Take what I give you, in the fun spirit that it's given, however you want.  Rectally, perhaps.

Minneapolis

Well, pixel or not, you did produce an image and it's time for the next contestant. Browse through the first few postings and see who wanted to do one and who hasn't.

nz

Hmm,  EmThree, still have time?
EDIT Totally missed the first page where Flopps and An-Cat-Max, are they still reading?

If so your challenge is to create a boss monster in a fighting game like Double Dragon or the original Ninja Gaiden.
The monster has to look like it lives in an active volcano.

Last edited by droffset (Mar 9, 2010 12:03 am)

Minneapolis

I think I'll throw this one to Flopps... updating front page now.

Anaheim, California

good picture droffset

New York City
arfink wrote:

Well, pixel or not

So why not change the thread title?
"The 48 hour whatever picture that you take and convert to 8-bit colour with computerized gradients 'challenge' thread".

Why did I bother to actually do some fucking pixel art? Next time I take a picture off the internet and degrade its colours.
There's no respect in here.

FERNDALE, MI, USA
akira^8GB wrote:

sad

Minneapolis
akira^8GB wrote:
arfink wrote:

Well, pixel or not

So why not change the thread title?
"The 48 hour whatever picture that you take and convert to 8-bit colour with computerized gradients 'challenge' thread".

Why did I bother to actually do some fucking pixel art? Next time I take a picture off the internet and degrade its colours.

No need to be a jerk about it. I'm just trying to keep this moving along. I'm not going to "punish" him, if that's what you mean. We just need to pick another person and move on. And yes, I'll update the front page rules so that people know it's supposed to actually be "pixel-ed."

nz

Akira,  you insult yourself behaving this way.  Try getting an original username first.

For the rest of you, you should know that I didn't take anything off the internet.  I drew the characters in ink and colored them in photoshop.  For the background I created 3D objects in Maya and did a render to bring into the character file, then played with it all in photoshop until I liked it.  It may not be your process but I like it and put some effort into it, and wouldn't have to defend it if one member of the community was a bit more mature.

It's funny that you guys let him act this way.

Minneapolis

Personally, I don't mind. "Back in the day" it was quite common for pixel artists to be working from real drawings etc.

Lastly, please take the flaming to a PM setting and I won't have to call in a moderator.

New York City

What a load of shit.
Call the Ghostbusters if you want, for all I know, I said this picture did NOT qualify AT ALL as pixelart and I was told to stick my opinion up my arse. So who started the insults? Besides, I was right, you just further proved it.

As I said, there's no respect here.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 9, 2010 7:16 pm)

))<>((

I'm gonna go ahead an agree with Akira on this one. Droffset, while it may be a nice picture, and you obviously put effort into it, it's not pixel art. Take the insults back to 8bc. No one wants that shit here.

nz

I see, I'm the asshole here.  Nice community.
I still say you can stick it up your arse.
Seeya.

FERNDALE, MI, USA

this is chipmusic.org fellas, let's keep the idea of brotherly love alive. this is a thread for creativity not  bitching.

Minneapolis

Agreed. Akira and I had a PM chat, hopefully this'll simmer down. I thank droffset for his contribution, he made a genuine effort even if he didn't know people were going to be upset by his efforts. I thank Akira for his pixel-perfect integrity. However, as for the insults, I don't think it matters now (for the purposes of this thread) how it got started, but it can't be allowed to mess up the creativity. So, if Flopps hasn't seen his challenge and posted here by tonight to accept it, I'll pick someone else myself.

Vancouver

This isn't necessarily the 48 Hour Pixel Challenge.

Anyway I'll give it a shot.

Actually, nevermind, I don't have access to a computer tomorrow.

Last edited by EmThree (Mar 9, 2010 10:49 pm)