FRANCE
little-scale wrote:

Thanks for the pre-orders everyone! Approx. 1/3 preordered already...

Great!
Seb, Is there a way for you to mail me the current Full list of CC ?, so I could start mapping my custom GUI to control the GENMDM, just a raw cc text list will do the job, by the way here is a first look at the GUI ;p

Last edited by Aly James (Dec 3, 2012 12:59 am)

Warwickshire, UK

Looks fab!

Houston, TX

Ordered and stoked!

Unsubscribe
Aly James wrote:

Great!
Seb, Is there a way for you to mail me the current Full list of CC ?, so I could start mapping my custom GUI to control the GENMDM, just a raw cc text list will do the job, by the way here is a first look at the GUI ;p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxAKR9f437w

http://little-scale.blogspot.com/2012/0 … nesis.html

ad-hell-aide

GenMDM Firmware 100 Quick Reference MIDI Mapping: http://little-scale.com/genmdm_100.txt

FRANCE
little-scale wrote:

GenMDM Firmware 100 Quick Reference MIDI Mapping: http://little-scale.com/genmdm_100.txt

Thx, crystal clear.
with the addition of this:
"The frequency for the CH3 Special will be set by pitch values received on MIDI channels 11, 12 and 13 in conjunction with MIDI channel 3 - for operators 1 - 4 like so:

op 1 = MIDI ch 3
op 2 (ch 3 special mode) = MIDI ch 11
op 3 (ch 3 special mode) = MIDI ch 12
op 4 (ch 3 special mode) = MIDI ch 13

SSG EG is controlled via 2 MIDI CCs BTW. One for On / Off and one for Value."

I suppose round2 future shipping units will come with the new firmware.

ad-hell-aide

There are a number of additions I am looking at including with firmware 101, including the above.

All current v100 firmware GenMDMs will be upgradeable via USB free of charge of course.

San Francisco

ORDEREEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Seb, I've just ordered a second one.  The first is still in the post, but I'm sure it'll arrive any day now. 

I know you've been using the teensy for the usb interface.  I dont have any experience with it myself but I'm using the arduino and mbed microcontrollers alot so I should be able to pick it up.  Just wondering how you feel about me modding the hardware and/or code?  Not for resale of course, and anything I did that was fully functional I would make available to everyone else.  I'm just hoping to fit a 5 pin din midi in, as i am MPC and HW synths only when I play live

analog monster wrote:

I'm just hoping to fit a 5 pin din midi in, as i am MPC and HW synths only when I play live

I am also waiting for mine in the post, and also want to hack it to use "real midi"
please share your work, and I'll do the same smile
"The GenMDM real midi race" is on

ad-hell-aide

lol you guys.

i won that race years ago with genmdm v1.0

here's one i pulled out of the cupboard just now:

not sure how we can go about distribution though... difference PCB etc...

ad-hell-aide

FYI i have about five or so PCBs left.

One of them will have to go to Paul Slocum.

ad-hell-aide

Back when it was called "GEN/MD-M" lol

ad-hell-aide
analog monster wrote:

Hey Seb, I've just ordered a second one.  The first is still in the post, but I'm sure it'll arrive any day now. 

I know you've been using the teensy for the usb interface.  I dont have any experience with it myself but I'm using the arduino and mbed microcontrollers alot so I should be able to pick it up.  Just wondering how you feel about me modding the hardware and/or code?  Not for resale of course, and anything I did that was fully functional I would make available to everyone else.  I'm just hoping to fit a 5 pin din midi in, as i am MPC and HW synths only when I play live

to be honest, i'm not willing to part with the code just yet.

simply because many people have ordered units and i wouldn't want to disappoint them by allowing the code to escape into the wild. if that makes sense. i hope it makes sense. im not trying to be an arsehole or anything. :S

ad-hell-aide

i'm sure we can work something out though...

Its a good thing I asked then!  Its not a problem, its your project and I understand wanting some control over it.  I have a cnc milling machine so I can make my own PCBs (not exactly fab house grade boards, but its fine for my own use or prototyping).  I was basically going to build exactly what you've got there in the pic, barebone arduino board with an optoisolator on the serial in.  I can understand exactly why you went the teensy/usb route, most people are laptop musicians and want as few cables as possible so having power and serial down a single usb is much tidier. 

But if you were to do an optional extra board, with standard midi din in I'm pretty sure you would get some interest.  The question is whether there would be enough interest for a fab house run, which was why I was going to go the modding route.  Its not a deal clincher, I can go with my web book if I'm using the megadrive but its definitely something I'm interested in in the future, and sounds like e.s.c. and eptheca would be too.