Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey folks,

Finally had a sit down with Pulsar and what I've been able to explore I've liked very much, but the v1.02 that I have seems to be very unstable.  It crashes, hangs or throws out weird graphical glitches too often for me to even work on composing a song.

Does anyone (perhaps even Neil himself) have any experience with this sort of behaviour?  I'm running it using a Powerpak on a very well maintained NES.  The NES and Powerpak have no stability issues with any other software, so my thought was maybe it had to do with the custom mapper or my Powerpak software version.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Milwaukee, WI

Send Neil all your bug reports!  I've had some issues too, but haven't sent him any yet.  THIS IS WHAT WE NEED TO DO!

WOW MAN!

Send me some details, as explicit as you can. If you're able to video or screen capture stuff even better. Unfortunately I've had hardly any feedback on Pulsar at all which makes tracking down this stuff all the more difficult. I don't have a working NTSC NES at the moment either but I can test on a PAL one with my Powerpak.

Incidentally, there seemed to be some issues with a recent version of the Powerpak mappers - I was having massive trouble with cajoNES just totally not saving any battery data at all. Apparently there's a newer version but I've not had chance to try.

Milwaukee, WI
jefftheworld wrote:

Hey folks,

Finally had a sit down with Pulsar and what I've been able to explore I've liked very much, but the v1.02 that I have seems to be very unstable.  It crashes, hangs or throws out weird graphical glitches too often for me to even work on composing a song.

Does anyone (perhaps even Neil himself) have any experience with this sort of behaviour?  I'm running it using a Powerpak on a very well maintained NES.  The NES and Powerpak have no stability issues with any other software, so my thought was maybe it had to do with the custom mapper or my Powerpak software version.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

I could never get it working on hacked carts fwiw. There are a few threads touching on this.

May I ask, how does PR8 run?

WOW MAN!

Also, just re-read the initial post, and what you could try for starters is using the LATEST VERSION (1.03)!!!

http://nes-audio.com

Shit gets update for a reason, yo...

big_smile

(And I've just checked my dev log - I did work with Pulselooper on some other bug fixes in October this year but I never actually released that version. I will put it out as a release sometime today. That way you'll have the mintiest freshest version to try!)

Last edited by neilbaldwin (Dec 10, 2012 9:05 am)

WOW MAN!

OK, Pulsar V1.04 is up on the website:

http://nes-audio.com

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Thanks!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Sorry, that was a typo.  The issues were with 1.03.  I'll be trying out 1.04 now, though!