buffalo, NY
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

yeah sure this is "how do i dubstep my chiptune thread #7636-B", but I find it completely hilarious that the same scene that just got finished a whole month of circle jerking over moe moe kyunstep wants to flame a kid for asking how to do it

thank you fucking god

Godzilladelph

Gosford, Australia
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

yeah sure this is "how do i dubstep my chiptune thread #7636-B", but I find it completely hilarious that the same scene that just got finished a whole month of circle jerking over moe moe kyunstep wants to flame a kid for asking how to do it

how do you make dubstep drops with the VRC6, anyhow? :v

buffalo, NY
Victory Road wrote:
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

how do you make dubstep drops with the VRC6, anyhow? :v

HFvibrato, detuned saws, pitch bends, triangle kicks. YEAH LETS GO

Gosford, Australia

DPCM samples of massive presets tbh

lol i'm sooooooooo clever

Last edited by Victory Road (Nov 26, 2012 9:20 am)

NC in the US of America
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

Dubstep on a Gameboy is a completely different topic from Dubstep on an NES tongue

"wants to flame" but there seems to be quite a good bit of holding back...

So, to program a drop in LSDJ, all you need is a K00 command, then.

Godzilladelph
Victory Road wrote:

DPCM samples of massive presets tbh

lol i'm sooooooooo clever

wow.

Seriously. that is AMAZING.

For years I have tried to erase the boundary between music and noise, but without even using proper grammar, you have quite possibly found THE WORST SOUND(s) in existence.

Props!

now all you gotta do is record that shit and compress it to a 96 kbps mp3

Last edited by SKGB (Nov 26, 2012 6:58 pm)

UK
Faerlight wrote:

I've found that a simple pulse instrument can get an aggressive wobble effect with the PF0 command. What are your techniques for making dubstep drops in LSDJ? Or do you think that dubstep isn't kosher?

dubstep is defintely treif.

Last edited by firebrandboy (Nov 28, 2012 7:14 am)

Russia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acFkRdMAJ4w

Tacoma, WA

You could always try using kits for some dubby wobbles... I have used the pacman sound in (insert kit name here) and in the table I think I just set the pitch much lower. If you wanted, you could make your own kits via .wav files for the desired sound. I do not think, though, that kits have as much power as the the normal waveform, so just keep experimenting... I mean, like 57.63% of the fun of LSDj is looking for interesting instrument combinations.

Almost forgot... if you make some saw wave wubs, then try to enhance their grandiosity with some subtle 12.5% pulse waves in the background...

Jansaw wrote:

Slam dunk lifestyle has a save available?!

i love knife city's music, he can get awesome sounds out of his two gameboys.

SKGB wrote:

so... uh.... you guys are aware that the "drop" is not when the bass comes in, but the split second before when it "drops" out, right?

also: wav channel. wrap and loop functions.

you can make some cool "yoi" sounds