ad-hell-aide

Amazing work.

Very inspirational!

FRANCE
little-scale wrote:

Amazing work.

Very inspirational!

So as Your blog Mr Scale!

That frontend is super awesome news! I will look forward to that and your synth.

Unsubscribe
Aly James wrote:

Later I decided that the Synth migh be released around JAN or FEB 2013 and will probably cost 12$ :-)

Then you are probably getting $12 from me in jan big_smile

Liverpool, UK

So, I'm a bit of a muppet when it comes to all this, but is the TL;DR version "with little-scale's MIDI Mega Drive interface, and Aly James's VST thingyamabobberoo, we can have full control over the Mega Drive sound chips using our favourite VST-friendly DAW"?

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
calmdownkidder wrote:

... we can have full control over the Mega Drive sound chips using our favourite VST-friendly DAW"?

Yes, yes we can.  We live in truly WONDERFUL TIMES ;-)

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
herr_prof wrote:
Aly James wrote:

Later I decided that the Synth migh be released around JAN or FEB 2013 and will probably cost 12$ :-)

Then you are probably getting $12 from me in jan big_smile

Aly Jones, the first time I read your post, on my big screen TV, it looked like '128'; which is a bit rich for my wife's budget ('...but Hon, the synth is very, very nice!').
I would jump on it for $20 when you release it. It's beautiful!

FRANCE

For those who might be interested in the FMDRIVE2612 Emulation Part...Here is an audio comparison I have made with a real sega megadrive PAL model 1 Headphone out. The MD1 is on the Right channel, FMDRIVE2612 VST on the Left. Scope visualization for the record...

An interesting feature, as certain have suggested, would be the compatibility of presets with the GenMDM hardware GUI side...
most of the parameters should work...more on that as soon as will receive the unit and make some tests...:-)

For the geeky side, here is the YM2612 parameters used on the 3 video examples tests.

INST 01
ALGO 0
OP4 / C2: TL 0 AR 31 D1R 0 SL 0 D2R 0 RR 4 MUL 1
OP2/ M2: TL 0 AR 31 D1R 0 SL 0 D2R 0 RR 4 MUL 1
OP3 & 1 =  OFF

INST 02
ALGO 0
OP4/ C2: TL 0 AR 31 D1R 10 SL 6 D2R 23 RR 15 MUL 1
OP2/ M2: TL 0 AR 16 D1R 18 SL 1 D2R 15 RR 15 MUL 0
OP3 & 1 = OFF

INST 03
ALGO 5
OP4 & 3 = OFF
OP2/M2: TL 0 AR 16 D1R 0 SL 0 D2R 0 RR 4 MUL 1
OP1/M1: TL 12 AR 31 D1R 0 SL 0 D2R 0 RR 4 MUL 1  FB 5

Has anyone from nov.16 shipment received theirs?
Anyone in Scandinavia / Europe have a shipping time from earlier shipments?
Just wondering if I need to "put out an APB" for it yet smile

eptheca wrote:

I'm in the UK, not got mine yet.  I missed something in the post today, I have to go collect it from the post office tomorrow.  It could be my interface, but I do have a few xmas presents on the way.  Last time I ordered something from AU it took 6 weeks, and it wasnt xmas time then.  I'd wait a while longer before chasing it, it is on the other side of the world after all!

6 weeks?
I wish that "The Fall" tunnel from Total Recall was real, London - Sydney 17 minutes smile
I'll wait a while then

thanks for the info

kansas city

anyone in the last batch of the first round receive their interface yet ? ive been out of town...

Matthew Joseph Payne

Still haven't gotten my 1/2 order, no. sad

Maybe just because of the holiday shipping frenzy? Should have made it through before that though, I thought.

Fargo

I've not gotten mine either.  I'll keep waiting.  It puts me at ease that others haven't received theirs and I'm not the only one, because I'd hate if mine got lost in the mail or something.

Nottingham, UK
analog monster wrote:
eptheca wrote:

I'm in the UK, not got mine yet.  I missed something in the post today, I have to go collect it from the post office tomorrow.  It could be my interface, but I do have a few xmas presents on the way.  Last time I ordered something from AU it took 6 weeks, and it wasnt xmas time then.  I'd wait a while longer before chasing it, it is on the other side of the world after all!

I'm in the UK also, same story. I've always found shipping from australia to be odd any way. Bit like china, things tend to drop off the radar for a while and then just pop up at your door one day unannounced.

matt's mind

shipping times everywhere are delayed pretty bad this holiday season.  they are for sure with USPS, and i've been having delays all over europe in the past week with packages.  from one end to the other.... 

nothing you can do other than wait unfortunately.  seems like the postal system is a bit backlogged right now.  my super-friendly-amazing postman is complaining about it pretty heavily even...  (and that means something)