Bratislava, Slovakia

It depends for which Gameboy. First DMG-01? I think in LSDJ you can do everything what that chip offer. I have no ideas, only big thing i have in my mind is Gameboy DMG-01 with LSDJ, but with SID CHIP inside.

Last edited by martin_demsky (Dec 12, 2012 3:19 pm)

Turku, FIN

Something that could be played with buttons (or midi) in realtime, record it and then loop it

Sweeeeeeden

Yeah, DMG or GBC. LSDj is great, but it's not immediately playable. It's a sequencer, and a good one at that, but custom software for a certain task might lend itself better to certain things. Also, if you think LSDj can do everything the chip has to offer, you should check out the thing I just made, Rez which abuses the hardware in a very specific way in order to create something similar to a resonant filter. I should also make an explanation of exactly what Rez is doing, I suppose.

matt's mind

something microtonal, or involving non-western scaling at least

(so a ravi tribute comp can happen)

babylon

There was a program called fader fox jr that I never got to use. The premise was that your gb was turned into a fader fox midi controller. It needed to use a special cable or you had to try and make one plus it used the parellel port which of course I have no desktops. It also had software that was installed which was actually Interpreting the input and sending the midi instructions virtually. I'm curious if with where we are now with gb midi if something similar could be created. Essentially I want to que and mix tracks with a game boy plugged into my net book so I can look as cool as possible.

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

lsdj + pounder

an interface where you create instruments/sounds (lsdj) and then map them to button presses (pounder).
the user can select which button(s) play said sounds. it would be cool to support multi press as well
(e.g. A is a sound but A+DOWN is another sound).

Last edited by xero (Dec 12, 2012 4:19 pm)

Easton, PA, USA

something that triggers the snes samples through super gameboy.

Unsubscribe

muddy or pounder with lsdj sound design would be tots.

Tokyo, Japan

I have a vague memory that some japanese dude made a simple FM synth.

rochester, ny
zerolanding wrote:

this.

super nintendo sequencer program for use with the super gameboy.

Matthew Joseph Payne
nickmaynard wrote:
zerolanding wrote:

this.

super nintendo sequencer program for use with the super gameboy.

More this. As an extension to LSDJ, or on its own.

Abandoned on Fire

A tracker that ouputs trigger/CV signals via the link port.  Should be doable since the voltage is there already.

Last edited by egr (Dec 13, 2012 1:23 am)

Andromeda's Black Hole

something that mixes nanoloop with LSDJ, interface-wise.

Unsubscribe
egr wrote:

A tracker that ouputs trigger/CV signals via the link port.  Should be doable since the voltage is there already.

Why dont you just hack an arduinoboy? there are extra pins.

Unsubscribe
Lazerbeat wrote:

I have a vague memory that some japanese dude made a simple FM synth.

http://www.geocities.jp/submarine600/html/fm.html

Sweeeeeeden
egr wrote:

Trigger, sure. CV, not so much. The audio is AC coupled, which you could get around by connecting directly to the CPU output pin. However, you would get a very low resolution, and the DC outputs levels are a mess. Not sure you could do much useful with it in terms CV control.