Earth

I've always wanted wave tables on the GB.  Maybe attach different wave tables to different buttons? Idk

Edit.. So I guess I'm describing pounder w/ wavetables, and voice stealing

Last edited by breakphase (Dec 18, 2012 5:41 pm)

it's an idea by other people, and it's actually an addition for lsdj, but I want to bump the idea.

Just lsdj but with a function to create a instrument that can't change pitch.
Just for TSP reasons in the phrase screen, considering kickdrums and bassline.

Playboy Man-Baby
Jotie wrote:

it's an idea by other people, and it's actually an addition for lsdj, but I want to bump the idea.

Just lsdj but with a function to create a instrument that can't change pitch.
Just for TSP reasons in the phrase screen, considering kickdrums and bassline.

Using sweep instead of the P command for kicks doesn't seem to be AS bad with TSP. It's still noticeable, but...

Freiburg, Germany

I would love to see something quite like mgb that actually had a wave channel with waveforms that are changeable via midi cc, and that could handle more than only 5 bits of a pitch bend message wink ... and while we're at it, others have criticised that there is no way to set a channel to mute via midi.

But I'm also for the sound triggering of premade lsdj type instruments/patterns ... couple this with an mgb type arduinoboy/nanoloop usb midi adapter compatible interface please, to play the patterns or instruments (with tables) at different pitches ... one instrument/pattern per midi channel

sweden
lastfuture wrote:

I would love to see something quite like mgb that actually had a wave channel with waveforms that are changeable via midi cc

Pushpin can do that.

Freiburg, Germany

I can't run Pushpin on a DMG though hmm also I don't think it works with a nanoloop USB MIDI adapter

nordloef wrote:

Pushpin can do that.

Then maybe a pushpin version that can receive MIDI-bytes in the normal link port format (instead of soft-UART) so that it works with Arduinoboy and the USB-MIDI adaptor. This would also work on all GB models, not just GB color.

NorthTtrrrway

polyphonic shitwave

Unsubscribe
the mist toggles wrote:

polyphonic shitwave

That is the best name.

Unsubscribe
lastfuture wrote:

I would love to see something quite like mgb that actually had a wave channel with waveforms that are changeable via midi cc

AHEM

MGB Manual wrote:

WAV - MIDI CH3
          cc1: shape select : 16 possible on a 0 to 127 range .
        cc2: shape offset : 32 possible on a 0 to 127 range
        cc3: Pitch Sweep speed. 0=Off, 1-127 speed/

Freiburg, Germany
herr_prof wrote:
lastfuture wrote:

AHEM

MGB Manual wrote:

WAV - MIDI CH3
          cc1: shape select : 16 possible on a 0 to 127 range .
        cc2: shape offset : 32 possible on a 0 to 127 range
        cc3: Pitch Sweep speed. 0=Off, 1-127 speed/

What I mean is the ability for me to create a custom waveform by having one midi cc per datapoint (I think custom waves consist of 32 samples?)

Last edited by lastfuture (Dec 19, 2012 5:29 pm)

Chicago IL

Something that takes an .lsdsng file, makes it into a .gbs file, and also a gbs player that can control things like tempo, mute / solo tracks, transpose etc.

Matthew Joseph Payne
Saskrotch wrote:

Something that takes an .lsdsng file, makes it into a .gbs file, and also a gbs player that can control things like tempo, mute / solo tracks, transpose etc.

YES THIS

Nomad's Land
ashimoke wrote:
thebitman wrote:

Personally, I'd like to see a 1-bit tracker for Gameboy. Not enough 1-bit love in this world.

^ yes please!

+1

check out http://www.west.co.tt/matt/speccy/apology/ for info on psg-based 1bit.

Texas
Saskrotch wrote:

Oh so very much yes! This actually seems like it may not be all too difficult to do on a computer, am I wrong?

Last edited by Bornyesterday (Dec 22, 2012 7:42 am)

Sweeeeeeden

Note to self, pitched sampled audio using CH3 and timer for reload.