I'd love to see something like shitwave with a tap tempo for a phaser thing or something. And if the graphics could be a heartbeat monitor, would be awesome.

Czech Republic

Yes.
I want Midi sequencer too
I asked 8CYLINDER about that, because faderfoxJR is nearest to this idea, but he has no time...
I want faderfoxJR with midi out

and I want Shitwave2 with more control possibilities and tempo synchronization, please.

and Rez by nitro2K01 of course!
http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/

ashimoke wrote:

User friendly multitrack midi sequencer compatible with arduinoboy interface.

edit: also Euclidean style controlled drum machine. Output: internal sounds or midi

Freiburg, Germany

I'm excited like a 13 year old boy who got a smile from a super model once and who is now looking at her poster all dreamy every day, hoping something will become of it

Czech republic
nitro2k01 wrote:

Note to self, pitched sampled audio using CH3 and timer for reload.

Yes please.

Ok, this might not be a gb program persee. But a tool to rename lsdj instruments, copy paste between songs, renumber chains etc. on a pc (or mac) would be epic awesomesauce...

Especially the ability to merge 2 songs would help greatly big_smile

Easton, PA, USA

how about something with oscillator sync and LFO waves, didn't someone say the tracks were virtual anyway? even if it meant the loss of another channel... maybe something that worked with a keyboard as more of a standalone instrument.

not music related but i just want a program that will have a single pixel of the gameboy selected (flashing whatever) in the top right corner and moving the arrows will move the selection 1 pixel accordingly hitting a or b will cycle through the 4 colors that the screen can display and save the state of that pixel, alowing you to make pixel art with the gameboy screen, I have no idea if this is possible but it would be sweet being able to write it to a .sav and then extracting that save to load in an emulator as a kind of way of getting it off would be even better.

Easton, PA, USA

I like that idea Pixelgent, I have been using the gameboy camera's draw n stamp features for pixel art, and there is also a very primitive and limited paint demo out there(don't bother). I would love to see a dedicated pixel art rom, with some shape and line tools as well.

Freiburg, Germany

Pixelgent: using a 4 color palette, that would be very possible in any random (pixel) graphics program on many platforms. Having it directly on a Game Boy would only add the benefit of making it portable on Game Boys, but there are no special characteristics of the device itself coming into play regarding the finished product unlike with music. There is also no need for creating Game Boy pixel graphics live in front of an audience unlike with music.

I don't know if it would be worth the energy creating a pixel art editor for the Game Boy if the only benefit it adds would be portability on a Game Boy. Pixel art is already portable on other platforms like iOS and surely also Android.

sweden

Sounds quite frustrating making pixel art on a touch interface though, even more than on a dpad.

lastfuture wrote:

There is also no need for creating Game Boy pixel graphics live in front of an audience unlike with music.

Says who?

Freiburg, Germany
nordloef wrote:
lastfuture wrote:

There is also no need for creating Game Boy pixel graphics live in front of an audience unlike with music.

Says who?

Me. At least not on a Game Boy with a tiny screen. It might be cool on a Super Game Boy, but it doesn't have to be a Game Boy ROM for that.

Czech republic

It is valid suggestion since many chip musicians are also interested in pixel art. Tired of LSDJ? Let's make pixel design for my new release. Sounds fun to me.

lastfuture wrote:

Pixelgent: using a 4 color palette, that would be very possible in any random (pixel) graphics program on many platforms. Having it directly on a Game Boy would only add the benefit of making it portable on Game Boys, but there are no special characteristics of the device itself coming into play regarding the finished product unlike with music. There is also no need for creating Game Boy pixel graphics live in front of an audience unlike with music.

I don't know if it would be worth the energy creating a pixel art editor for the Game Boy if the only benefit it adds would be portability on a Game Boy. Pixel art is already portable on other platforms like iOS and surely also Android.

One of the main reasons i think it would be nice is being able to view mockups directly on the device they were intended for i dont know of an other way to be able to view something like this on the gameboy screen.

Pixel art sounds pretty cool, and relatively easy to make. Maybe it could be used for simple animations too. I if you want to be ambitious you could try to use the vestigial audio in line to do basic visualizations or something.

Suggestion from the other thread would be for a fleshed out 1 bit tracker for the DMG, though it's not a 1 bit system I'm sure you could find a way to reduce the bit depth down to a beeper mode. Could be fun.

thebitman wrote:

Personally, I'd like to see a 1-bit tracker for Gameboy. Not enough 1-bit love in this world.

Posted this almost 3 weeks ago on page 1. Not trying to come off as a douche or anything, but people have experienced interest in the suggestion already. I think the discussion in the other thread should be more about bleepy music and how to achieve it with current software instead of discussing the contents of this one. Still, I would like to try 1-bit bleepy stuff on the DMG. Maybe we'll see it eventually...

Yeah, it's definitely been presented, consider that my +1.

Last edited by Zef (Dec 31, 2012 7:41 am)