Tokyo, Japan

The mods have added a new rule.

"13. This forum is actively inclusive, regardless of race, gender, sexual identity or preference. Insensitive use of discriminatory language is not acceptable, please conduct yourselves accordingly."

This should be fairly self explanatory but if anyone wants clarification please ask.

uhajdafdfdfa

thanks

Madriz, Supain

Is using gays as an euphemism for lame considered insensitive?

This is a serious question

BK

Yup.

A gray world of dread

I hate that there need to be rules for what I consider basic human decency. But there probably was a reason, sadly.

Tokyo, Japan
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

Yes it is considered insensitive by the moderation team.

Lexington, KY

Yeah, it's definitely time to add this to the rule book.

*recalls being flagged for insensitive jokes once O_o*

Madriz, Supain
Lazerbeat wrote:

Yes it is considered insensitive by the moderation team.

Political correction sucks. Ill acept it, but it sucks.

California, United States

I'm sorry if I ever said anything of the such, I was probably balls out tired and had no idea what I was doing. :'|

uhajdafdfdfa

maybe if the majority of people had ever considered it acceptable to routinely use a word describing some aspect of your identity as a general-purpose synonym for "bad" you wouldn't think that political correctness sucks

possibly you will have to make a conscious effort (the horror!) to not use "gay" in that context (there are thousands of adequate substitutes) but if you didn't already start the process of becoming someone who doesn't needlessly upset others via their everyday speech maybe it is time to start that process

you could also try avoid saying "nigga" for no reason if you are someone who does that

(edit: incidentally i don't think "lame" means quite what you think it means either wink )

Last edited by ant1 (Dec 13, 2012 3:07 pm)

Tokyo, Japan

Political correction sucks. Ill acept it, but it sucks.

There is a pretty big difference between political correctness and asking people not to use homophobic and racist language but thanks for noting and accepting the rule.

ohgodno, Indiana

meh, just mattes what context you use what with
thats what my pep pep says....LOL, nah kinda moronic to even get that way on a music board

New Albany Indiana

you just took a bone away from an old dog.

You can't go through life without offending someone. That said, it's best not to do so on purpose.

NC in the US of America
ant1 wrote:

(edit: incidentally i don't think "lame" means quite what you think it means either wink )

Good point.

Unsubscribe
Feryl wrote:

You can't go through life without offending someone. That said, it's best not to do so on purpose.