The Mountains

Are there any, in English? After reading this article I'd be interested in checking out that German book but I don't sprechen sie Deutsch. And whatever this Alphascript book is sounds like rubbish. And $50 is way too much.

Assuming one might get written someday, what do you think you would you like or not like to see included?

Did Goto80 ever finish his thesis?

Brazil

I tought a lot about writing some in portuguese, doing some research and stuff, but it's a work I can't handle now.

uhajdafdfdfa

little-scale finished his thesis(theses?) i believe but they might not fill a whole book

r.e. books: given that chip musicians collectively can't even write a decent wikipedia article i'm not sure i want to read a book about it wink

ant1 wrote:

r.e. books: given that chip musicians collectively can't even write a decent wikipedia article i'm not sure i want to read a book about it wink

Haha truth!
We really should see about getting an LSDJ article back up there, it's plenty big enough to have one.

Brunswick, GA USA

Aren't Alphascript those people who print wiki articles and sell them for $50?

uhajdafdfdfa

yeah, the chipflip article linked talks about it

the book is sold out from amazon now it seems sad

goto80 finished his thesis afaik, it was very good what I read of it during the interview process.  I don't know if he published it anywhere though.

edit: If you want some chip history there were a bunch of interviews in the '80s with c64 and amiga composers (like in ZZap! magazine) .  For the early '90s stuff, scene disk magazines would be your best bet (some might be on here). Later '90s maybe the Tracker Workshop newsletters?  I dunno. There are a ton of interviews on AMP but I guess that'd be very European-centered.

Last edited by 4mat (Dec 18, 2012 9:14 pm)

Los Angeles, CA

This book has some great tips on circuit bending, which is tangentially related -> www.nicolascollins.com/handmade.htm

hardcore, Australia

You might find something good in here in the bibliography from my honors thesis.

› czech dis

Abandoned on Fire
godinpants wrote:

You might find something good in here in the bibliography from my honors thesis.

› czech dis

Have you shared your paper online anywhere? I'd like to check it out.

hardcore, Australia

It's online but it's awful and I disagree with a lot of what I wrote. Mostly it was to accompany my "practice as an artist".

The Mountains

I'm gonna find it

ad-hell-aide
ant1 wrote:

little-scale finished his thesis(theses?) i believe but they might not fill a whole book

its maybe 70 pages and not very exciting.

ad-hell-aide

but includes 1.2 hours of works and schematic and code for 8 projects...

Melbtown, Lolstralia

This is not only the best definition of Chipmusic ever written it has a great list of books and papers at the end (including mine)

http://chipflip.wordpress.com/chipmusic/

Last edited by Dot.AY (Jan 14, 2013 2:34 am)

Playboy Man-Baby

Chipmusic.org user "Shane" wrote his college application essay on chipmusic after I inspired him to get into Famitracker and LSDJ.