Is it possible for a tracker to be developed on the N64?

rochester, ny

yes, but since it just played back regular audio, it would sound just like any sample based computer tracker.

shanghai

i would most like a x box 360 tracker

Gosford, Australia

the n64 doesn't have any peculiar/unique quirks with it's sample/soundfont playback, does it?

justinthursday was doing some cool stuff with the transferpak but i don't remember what it was

Tokyo, Japan

moved thread, clarified title.

The Hollow Earth
Victory Road wrote:

the n64 doesn't have any peculiar/unique quirks with it's sample/soundfont playback, does it?

Aside from the low sample rate, none that I'm aware of. Woolyss links to some interesting soundfonts from N64 though.

The Mountains

I'd settle for a Goldeneye/Perfect Dark soundfont.

Chicago, IL

super mario 64 had some great music. some of it sounded fairly organic for digital sounds.

Sydney, NSW

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure it's all just wavetable synthesis, and most carts had the ability to import custom wavetables (hence the contrast between the cheesy quirky Super Mario World soundtrack and the Tetrisphere's acid-techno reminiscent soundtrack)

Tokyo, Japan

I always wanted to see someone to visuals with N64, busted glitchy polygons look super fun!

It really would be great, Lazer.

Last edited by Hayze (Dec 22, 2012 5:50 am)

D D D Detroit, not the burbs
Downstate wrote:

i would most like a x box 360 tracker

take your pick there are a million to choose from

Cleveland, OH
Victory Road wrote:

justinthursday was doing some cool stuff with the transferpak but i don't remember what it was

I was using it to make a programmer for flash carts. It's in a the works but it's a long way out since I'm too busy with orders. It will never be retail though..

Iowa

Talking about trackers on modern game consoles I would like to see a non chiptune tracker (like Renoise) for the PS Vita. People did the same with the Playstation MTV Music Generator on a PSP.

Last edited by ClairBear (Dec 22, 2012 7:12 am)

Sydney, NSW
Lazerbeat wrote:

I always wanted to see someone to visuals with N64, busted glitchy polygons look super fun!

Same! I reckon some really cool shit could be done with the N64's advanced-for-chip-scene-standards visual processing.

WOW MAN!

The N64 was a little 'quirky'

Graphics and audio processing essentially all shared the same DSP and it was quite horrible. I think most of my stuff was only allowed 4 'voices' (as most of the DSP power was of course given over to graphics) and the sequencer timing was just awful (on the 'official' tool which was a fairly rudimentary tool, I believe made by Software Creations).