washington
Goughy wrote:

Ok thanks. Goo-Gone? Could I dab that on to a cloth and just carefully rub the stuff away? If so, then the citrus smells would fit my dmg colour tongue

That may work. The only thing about goo-gone is that it doesn't evaporate, so you'll have to wipe ALL of it away, or it might dissolve the adhesive on the screen protector.

matt's mind

i've really had great luck with a straight razor and getting it off this way.  as if it were a vinyl sticker on your car window...  so hold the razor at a sharp angle so you don't scratch the plastic...  a sharp one, with no dents or damage to the blade,

however....  lately i've been playing around with using fine grit sandpaper here, after most the old adhesive has been taken off.  it covers up any minor scratches you may have made, gets rid of the last of the dry adhesive, and also makes a better clinging surface for the new screen protector.

if you try this, wash your case afterwards, it will remove the very fine plastic powder (which can cause the new adhesive to not stick as well).

Louisiana

Thought Id throw this up here. This is a case that b4byf4c3 was talking to me about and I tried his idea and Im quite happy with how it turned out. Waiting on word if he approves or not. But here it is.

Custom Cloth Boy with reptilian style fuzzy cloth with his logo on the battery door.

Over all he wants ot to have a white screen and white buttons. I think itd look really clean.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Just in time for a show next weekend, I finished the work on my microkorg:

I've always really liked the text on synthesizers, so I kept the original color as part of the theme.

Edit: gonna paint or get new knobs soon too.

Last edited by Auxcide (Dec 6, 2012 8:24 am)

ohgodno, Indiana
Vex wrote:

Thought Id throw this up here. This is a case that b4byf4c3 was talking to me about and I tried his idea and Im quite happy with how it turned out. Waiting on word if he approves or not. But here it is.

Custom Cloth Boy with reptilian style fuzzy cloth with his logo on the battery door.

Over all he wants ot to have a white screen and white buttons. I think itd look really clean.

My god i cant wait for this to get done heart greatness

Melbourne, Australia

grey kitsch-bent case with NES buttons!

uXe wrote:

grey kitsch-bent case with NES buttons!

You have one damn white table.

California

Green backlight,
Prosound mod,
tiger skin,
soon to have custom buttons
(learning how to cast my own)
Kitsch-bent flash cart w/LSDJ
it's a sexy beast!

I also have a gbc, atomic purple front
lime green back
yellow battery cover
gbasp front-light

Last edited by T3chn0ph1l3 (Dec 22, 2012 10:39 am)

clovis CA
Auxcide wrote:

Just in time for a show next weekend, I finished the work on my microkorg:

I've always really liked the text on synthesizers, so I kept the original color as part of the theme.

Edit: gonna paint or get new knobs soon too.

i almost did this, but i was skeptical on if id like change...

KC

here's one I just finished I had a hard time getting a good clear pic that shows off the paint job and lights

Detroit, Michigan

I present 2 u the Kawaii-boi heart

New Orleans, Louisiana

Oh.. my...

Freiburg, Germany

I am getting diabetes just looking at it

Louisiana

Damn it!!! I was going to do a gameboy like this using Skullcandy stuff T_T

That is amazing though! Very cool!

Im also curious to see a side angle or two and wondering what you used for the icing looking stuff.

Last edited by Vex (Dec 29, 2012 2:34 am)

Detroit, Michigan
Vex wrote:

Damn it!!! I was going to do a gameboy like this using Skullcandy stuff T_T

That is amazing though! Very cool!

Im also curious to see a side angle or two and wondering what you used for the icing looking stuff.

thanks ^-^
The icing is just caulk with a little pink paint mixed in and piped out of a icing bag
I'll upload some side shots in a little bit!

Melbourne, Australia

Looks like someone vomited Harajuku all over your Game Boy, I love it.