It'd be an interesting experiment to do, not releasing anything as finished on 2013. That way, we'd let everything we compose that year grow and mature. Many artists recommend letting our creations rest for a long while, and then pick them back up with fresh ears and a different state of mind to see if we can still like them then. If there's something we overlooked or forgot to do back when we were composing them.

Not to mention that partaking in the experiment gives us all a chance to polish our intended releases to perfection.

And it'd also mean January 1st 2014 would have TONS UPON TONS OF RELEASES AT ONCE. And all of them would be amazing.

Freiburg, Germany

I'm always amazed how release driven this whole community seems to be. For me it's the other way around. When I don't release anything for a while my first release after that is not up to par, but the release immediately after that is usually inspired.

Just remember that a pretty large chunk of the world population will also not be releasing any chip tunes in 2013 ... it's up to you to decide if you wanna be mainstream like that.

It's apparently not about mainstreamness or not, it's about resting from chip music, or at least from releasing any. There's a lot of things we can do by not releasing any music, which could be polishing work to be released in 2014, practicing our skills with the instrument or the software, trying another artistic venue like literature or pixelart or building with LEGO or whatever...

...or WORKING OUT AND GETTING BUFF *flexes muscles*

Do you even lift, bro?

Seattle, WA US

8bc 2013

Liverpool, UK

ITT - people being incredibly butthurt by a post zan-zan has made. Y'all kidding me, right?

Playboy Man-Baby
ant1 wrote:

- throw your chipmusic.org out the window
sad

Go to chipmusic.org
Throw computer out window
???
This thread isn't sense-make.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Since they're the only ones who put feeling into their music, how about we just get inpuj, ZeroV2, ant1 and 4mat to write and release all our albums this year?

I for one certainly don't enjoy making chip music and I do it just as a way of wasting loads of my time and the time of those who listen to my stuff.  As you all know from the ubiquity of the hundreds of various albums and releases of mine that you can find at your local music shop, I'm also a fan of just shitting out a lot of random music with no eye to aesthetics rather than taking my time with one or two releases a year.  I also love to make music that sounds like it has interesting feeling, vibes and energy while in fact being a simple mathematical formula (invented by Nazi scientists) devoid of any emotion or human thought.

This new program of using the only 4 good chip musicians to make all the chiptunes is a great plan and it's certainly one that I can get behind.

~__^

Last edited by jefftheworld (Dec 23, 2012 3:54 pm)

California, United States

Man, why do I always join everything right before it dies...

Let's instead have 2013 be "dare not to close pointless threads"

Last edited by Doxic (Dec 23, 2012 4:17 pm)

Lexington, KY
Doxic wrote:

Man, why do I always join everything right before it dies...

Let's instead have 2013 be "dare not to close pointless threads"

You're too wild!!!

New York

zan-zan's not allowed to kill chipmusic

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

only hopes, dreams, and threads.

Brunswick, GA USA
calmdownkidder wrote:

ITT - people being incredibly butthurt by a post zan-zan has made.

The Hollow Earth

*rubs hands together in a villainous manner*

Excellent.... no one else will be releasing music in 2013? I will fill the void by releasing an EP daily comprised of chiptune covers I made in Garageband with MIDIs I downloaded off the internet.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!11!11!!!1!1111!1!!!!one!!!!!!!shift!!!!!!!!!

Who is this Extreme Zan-Zan chap? Is this an alternate account or something? What ever happened to Zan-Zan-Zawa-Butt?

Godzilladelph