Chicago IL

They're only using it ironically.

this makes me want to do a song with like four gb cam's
hm...

sweden
ovenrake wrote:

If you see Hella's "Concentration Face" DVD, there's a dude that opens up for them using at least 6 copies of gameboy camera at once. The name always escapes me, and I'm also really bad with Japanese names. The music was atmospheric; as if you were in an arcade with 50 of the same cabinets playing at different times.

When you remember the name please tell me smile

NC in the US of America
zerolanding wrote:

I find it fun to noodle around with and if I like something done on it, I print out the music. From there I can transcribe it to lsdj or mainly nanoloop, and work with it further. Can't figure out how to emulate it's modulation on anything yet, but that's just time and effort.

I had no idea you could print out music from trippy-h. Cool. Tell me more. Does it print out in score format? Or tracker, or what?

Easton, PA, USA
SketchMan3 wrote:

]
I had no idea you could print out music from trippy-h. Cool. Tell me more. Does it print out in score format? Or tracker, or what?

Yeah you can, and it is actually convenient. Plug in a gameboy printer, go into the first instrument screen, hold start and press A. It will print sound 1, 2, noise. in a 4x4 grid with the notes and octave (C5, D3,rest...) with tempo, duty, wav, env, and loop length underneath. A nice hard copy of the compositions. Saves the trouble of writing it down, and the heartache of losing a sav. Prints about 4" long, thermal paper so you should still scan them in case you leave the sheets next to a heater.

Seattle, WA US
ovenrake wrote:

If you see Hella's "Concentration Face" DVD, there's a dude that opens up for them using at least 6 copies of gameboy camera at once. The name always escapes me, and I'm also really bad with Japanese names. The music was atmospheric; as if you were in an arcade with 50 of the same cabinets playing at different times.

this sounds so fucking cool

I can't tell how much sarcasm is being used here.
DAMN THE INTRAWEBZ