Hi! I am starting to produce music under the name Peekachoo. I currently have one very simple song on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lox19JdJgIE and uploaded here to CM.O: http://chipmusic.org/peekachoo/music/pilgrimage Check it out please!

I love 8bit music. Some of my favourite artists include SMILETRON, and Unicorn Kid - they're music is just so detailed. I am accepting recommendations for chiptune artists like them, so pm me with some recommendations please!

I'm also looking for advice on some programs to use. I know about LSDJ, but I just don't know where to get it or how to use it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to my time here on CM.O!

Seattle, WA

Hi my name is Cole and I'm an alco- wait, wrong introduction.

You're all going to find this weird but I make music with a gameboy.

Sweden

Hi one and all and noone.

Names johan and i'm actually not using gameboys nor trackers for my music, well not yet anyway since i have a hard time learning the programs for some reason. Anyhow, i like skedaddling with electronics but i'm kinda new to the chip scene eventhough i've been listening to chip since '98 or something like that. I'm also the local repairman for my friends since i'm basically the only one who knows more about electronics and how they work other than using a computer. Well, that's that i guess.

//Cheers!

Orange County, CA

Hi!
I've been using trackers and hardware for about 13 years now, but for making mostly Hip Hop, House, Techno, etc. I'm interested in Chip music and the scene.

Nice to meet you!

Last edited by Hang Loose (Apr 8, 2013 9:36 am)

Fort MItchell, KY

HI, I am new to the site.

My name is Michael and I have been wanting to get into a chiptune scene for a while and finally got some of the tools to do it. A computer is what I have to work with for now. I really came here to here new chip music all of the time and to try and get opinions on things I put together. I really am trying to get better at what I want to do and I hope all of you can help me become a better musician and help me with theory or sound design. Thank you all so much. This is something that I really needed. I am so happy I found this site. smile I hope you are all having an awesome day and I hope to hear from you all in the future!

uhajdafdfdfa

hello i am also called michael. i am happy you are here! hurrah for michaels! hopefully you enjoy the site

Fort MItchell, KY

I love the site! It has so much content and it has been helping me a lot and keeping me motivated to do things. Everyone has been so nice and helpful so far too. Plus I love hearing new tracks all of the time.

Murcia, Spain

Hello there!
I've already posted several times here, but haven't introduced myself properly. I'm Spanish and I love music, videogames and electronics. I used to hate electronic music, but then one day Chiptune came up and I got to love it. I love opening up things and so on, so I instantly fell in love with Game Boy modification, though I have to say I'm quite far from mastering anything yet. I also try to find some time for LSDJ once in a while.
I still have many things to learn, so this wonderful forum will be of much help. Hopefully one day I'll be able to give advice to newbies as well!

See you around!

hi I'm not new too.

California, United States
mizu wrote:

hi I'm not new too.

I swear your name is so familiar...

Hello, all.

I'm new to the world of chiptunes, but have long been an admirer of old video game soundtracks and the old Demoscene music from Future Crew, Triton, and others. When I was younger, I spent a good deal of time with a music program on an old Tandy (I know, I know...), something on a Colecovision or Intellivision (not sure which), various cheap keyboard synths, and eventually migrated to other instruments like guitar and bass.

I'm currently learning my way around Milkytracker, since it seems somewhat familiar to older trackers I've used. Hopefully I'll have something to share with everyone soon. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to learning more. Thanks!

Warwickshire, UK
Opyra Ghozt wrote:

Hello, all.

I'm new to the world of chiptunes, but have long been an admirer of old video game soundtracks and the old Demoscene music from Future Crew, Triton, and others. When I was younger, I spent a good deal of time with a music program on an old Tandy (I know, I know...), something on a Colecovision or Intellivision (not sure which), various cheap keyboard synths, and eventually migrated to other instruments like guitar and bass.

I'm currently learning my way around Milkytracker, since it seems somewhat familiar to older trackers I've used. Hopefully I'll have something to share with everyone soon. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to learning more. Thanks!

Welcome from another older scener smile

Melbourne, Australia

Hey CM.O,

I'm a 24-year-old child from Melbourne, Australia (which as most of you know, has a great chip music community - so i'm very lucky!).
I really like this forum, it's helpful, interesting and fairly welcoming for newbies, like myself.
By trade i'm a video editor and motion graphics designer, and have been experimenting with some gameboys for about 6 months now.
I made a trippy android game called NinjaRave once.
And back in my uni days I used to make pretty cool 2D animations.

I'm looking forward to hopefully getting to know you all a bit, and growing as a musician.
- Josh

NC in the US of America
Calavera wrote:

Hey CM.O,

I'm a 24-year-old child from Melbourne, Australia (which as most of you know, has a great chip music community - so i'm very lucky!).
I really like this forum, it's helpful, interesting and fairly welcoming for newbies, like myself.
By trade i'm a video editor and motion graphics designer, and have been experimenting with some gameboys for about 6 months now.
I made a trippy android game called NinjaRave once.
And back in my uni days I used to make pretty cool 2D animations.

I'm looking forward to hopefully getting to know you all a bit, and growing as a musician.
- Josh

big_smile I love those reaction games. I made a game like that for PC once upon a time. Inspired by one of the Kirby games and Iaido. Fun times.

Welcome!

Melbourne, Australia
SketchMan3 wrote:

big_smile I love those reaction games. I made a game like that for PC once upon a time. Inspired by one of the Kirby games and Iaido. Fun times.

Welcome!

Hah, awesome! Got it up anywhere?
I was inspired by that kirby minigame too. The game began as a kris kringle gift for a work colleague at the time, but then morphed into something a little more polished later on down the track.
Thanks! smile

Engerlander

Been lurking around for a few days, posted a track in the music section, but didn't notice this thread.
I'm 23, from middle o'nowhere England and have been doing chiptune since around the summer of 2011.
Always enjoyed retro video games and always been fascinated at how composers could express
moods and emotions beyond the simple bleeps and bloops that make up a tune.

Much of my experience comes from using FamiTracker, and my music is guitar-infused for that power-pop-punk...flavour.
One of my songs was even played on a late-night show on a local radio station last summer as some dude's "Chiptune of the Week".
Yeah...I actually didn't find out about it until November when I googled my name. Pretty sweet though considering I just do this as a hobby.

Currently in the process of making new stuff and learning what I can of mixing. I still have lots to learn though smile

heart