Unsubscribe

I posted a short tutorial with examples on using soundfonts in LGPT here:
http://www.peterswimm.com/?p=796#more-796

Please let me know if you have any questions or see any problems.

Last edited by herr_prof (May 8, 2014 7:16 pm)

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil

Very nice! Will try it tomorrow.

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil

OK: when you use a soundfont, it's the only thing you'll use in the project? Like, cant use 2 soundfonts or a soundfont and some samples (monowavezzzz)?

Unsubscribe

Maybe, waiting for an answer on that from Marc.

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil

One does simply drop a soundfont in the sample folder and magic does the rest?

Unsubscribe

Yep.

Tokyo, Japan
herr_prof wrote:

Maybe, waiting for an answer on that from Marc.

Also curious about this. Mixing piggy chip samples with ST-01 woe be super fun!

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil

Tried using a nes soundfont with no luck ;/

Unsubscribe

What went wrong? Did you see the one in the tutorial link?

If it isn't clear, you need to use the latest ghettos to have this feature.

Lazerbeat wrote:

There is an st-01 soundfont? Link?

Last edited by herr_prof (Jan 17, 2013 4:21 am)

Tokyo, Japan

I dont know of one specifically I just assumed there was one.

London, UK

Is there a convenient way to make Soundfonts on Mac OSX? I rather like the idea of compiling instruments myself on my laptop then loading into Piggy.

Basic XRNI support would be lovely (esp given Renoise's new seamless looping calculator thing, which makes non-clicking loops ridiculously super-easy) but a long shot, I appreciate...

São Paulo, Brazil
matt.nida wrote:

Basic XRNI support would be lovely (esp given Renoise's new seamless looping calculator thing, which makes non-clicking loops ridiculously super-easy) but a long shot, I appreciate...

I didn't test this on renoise, but have you tried exporting a sample with this calculator thing on piggy? Does it click on the looping point?

London, UK
PULSELOOPER wrote:

I didn't test this on renoise, but have you tried exporting a sample with this calculator thing on piggy? Does it click on the looping point?

I had a quick look at it. It works very nicely; the looper in Renoise basically builds some extra audio information at the end of the sample and then calculates some seamless loop start and end points.

I've loaded some 'treated' samples from Renoise into Piggy; you have to translate the loop start and end points from hex or something into whatever Piggy needs which is fiddly, but it works fine. However, it would be a *lot* quicker if Piggy could just read the XRNI metadata wink

São Paulo, Brazil
matt.nida wrote:

However, it would be a *lot* quicker if Piggy could just read the XRNI metadata wink

Yeah, absolutelly. If piggy and renoise worked together, the sky would be the limit. smile

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil
herr_prof wrote:

What went wrong? Did you see the one in the tutorial link?

If it isn't clear, you need to use the latest ghettos to have this feature.

Lazerbeat wrote:

There is an st-01 soundfont? Link?

The others soundfonts worked, but this one was just clicks for each and every instrument, although they seemed to work perfectly in Viena. Fuck, when I find the link I'll send you.

Update:

It's not a NES or SNES soundfont, but a gxscc:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jnmwnzqnmht

Last edited by vargero (Jan 17, 2013 12:54 pm)

Brazil

That thing of soundfonts not working is usual for me. Also, I was able to use soundfonts and samples, importing it from the program.