.FILTHadelphia
boaconstructor wrote:

yah get really drunk to the point you can't remember your mistakes

I got buzzed prior to my set last Tuesday and midset thought I was going to piss my pants. Smoke weed, bring some water on stage with you.

Just act like what you're playing is the greatest thing you've ever heard and react to it. Don't be discouraged if you: fuck up, stare out to an emotionless crowd, see people walk out. Your discouragement will transcend into your performance and people will sense it. What you do on stage is huge and musicians tend to take it for granted because they think their songs are so rad that they can get away with standing there like statue.

Finland
Auxcide wrote:

Another thing: if you're playing an instrument that is on a table (like a keyboard), take some time to get used to it's height. Play through some riffs of a song with the sound off or something, it definitely helps nail down the muscle memory aspect.

This is actually a really good idea. I always rehearse my set standing and using a shitty too low table (because normally thats the case that table is suited for midgets). Start on time, stop on time is a good advice for most of noobs too. Have made that mistake myself on some of the first shows back in 2005 or so. Bring your own cables, mixer etc. And bring more cables than you think you need.

Godzilladelph

I find falling over mid set is a great way to connect with the crowd.

Just have a fucking blast, yo

Last edited by SKGB (Jan 17, 2013 3:54 am)

Playboy Man-Baby
SKGB wrote:

I find falling over mid set is a great way to connect with the crowd.

Just have a fucking blast, yo

TV Death Squad reference?