Louisiana
Timbob wrote:

that's awesome and hilarious big_smile

Whats funny? O_o lol

Murcia, Spain
Vex wrote:

Beautifuuuuul!

ohgodno, Indiana

All grown up now :,( was great basically watching this get built, beautiful machine right there

Vex wrote:
Timbob wrote:

that's awesome and hilarious big_smile

Whats funny? O_o lol

I don't know.. It just is.

Maine

just gotta put in the pro sound mod and shes finished big_smile

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Vex, that is some nice detail work!

Chicago
Vex wrote:

These look absolutely beautiful, keep it up!

Louisiana

Thanks guys for all the awesome feedback! big_smile i just cant wait to show it off once its completed

What kind of markers did you use? How about strenght of paint on dmg case? Btw. very nice work smile.

Louisiana
modshow wrote:

What kind of markers did you use? How about strenght of paint on dmg case? Btw. very nice work smile.

Im using just good old Sharpies found a set that had gold,bronze, and silver in it and using the bronze for the traces on the main board and used gold on the smaller headphone jack board...may go back over it with bronze. I am having a problem with it smearing a little from skin oils and i havent taken the time to go by some rubber gloves because this started off as a project to keep me busy for the first month of my new job to wait on money from my first two checks to send peoples shipments out. But ive really like how its been turning out. Only problem im running into now is what to do with the back case. I was originally going to do the entire case but painting this detail in grooves on the back will be a pain in the ass T_T

Edit: oh and to fix the smearing problem, when im done ill be clear coating it like a mother fucker!

Last edited by Vex (Jan 27, 2013 10:35 pm)

matt's mind

conductive ink pens would be really interesting to try to add touch-points for different things.  alternative buttons, or whatever.

that drawing is very cool though Vex....

kitsch wrote:

conductive ink pens would be really interesting to try to add touch-points for different things.  alternative buttons, or whatever.

that drawing is very cool though Vex....

Or perhaps conductive ink screencovers for LSDJ shortcuts and hotkeys? Wires could go through the LED hole. wink

matt's mind

oh shit.

thats a really good idea.   i mean, really a quite good one...

hmmm.  i love your ideas man wink 

been thinking about a screen pro for arduinoboy with extra LED holes.  i wonder.....

dammit.  mind is racing now!  ahhhhhhhhh

kitsch wrote:

oh shit.

thats a really good idea.   i mean, really a quite good one...

hmmm.  i love your ideas man wink 

been thinking about a screen pro for arduinoboy with extra LED holes.  i wonder.....

dammit.  mind is racing now!  ahhhhhhhhh

Shoot me some PMs, I mentioned something like this ages ago tongue

Louisiana

I wanna put a button in the led hole now! I have no idea what id want it to do though lol. Maybe a switch for the backlight..i dunno. Just putting something there would be kinda fun i think. Im very curious as to what you two are talking about though

ohgodno, Indiana

So I had this idea....

Came out pretty decent