Seattle, WA

Hey Seb, I sent you an email but you never responded...  Have you sent out my interface yet?  I was part of the first wave from way back when...  If you have, I haven't received it.  I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't received theirs yet.

ad-hell-aide

Athleos, can you pm me:

Your postal address
Your email address

I will check my records

Lets get this sorted! I'm sure there will be an answer.

FRANCE

Saturday delight smile now we can sort of load OPM Instruments...of course it will b fully compatible with the GENMDM as parameters are attached to the appropriate MIDI CC.. I will start working on the PSG side later on...It will be nice to have some kind of 32 stages draw envelopes for the PSG Volume/Pitch/Noise Mode...sending CC's at 50HZ or 500BPM 1/16 (3) so every 20ms would help producing some FX...don't know if there is a (waiting time) on the teensy side but even if we could not go as low as 20ms there is certainly some good things do on this side ++ for now I dream about Mr scale's sample loader :-)

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Love the vids! Really like the grove you got there Aly James, cant wait to hear some on real silicon!
Kineticturtle, Such a cute kid!
So excited!!

ad-hell-aide

"VGM files are files that contain register data for one or more sound chips. I've made a small app that records ALL GenMDM data register writes, and stores them as a .VGM file.

The idea is that SEGA Mega Drive music can be written using GenMDM + Live / Logic / ProTools / whatever and then distributed via .VGM files if desired as opposed to recording from hardware. "

http://little-scale.blogspot.com.au/201 … pture.html

ad-hell-aide

^^ prototype version, will be included with GenMDM 103 hopefully! big_smile

Fargo

Mine finally arrived!  Just posting here because some were interested in when people received theirs.

kineticturtle wrote:

In the wild

Was this hard to do?  Tutorial seems pretty step-by-step.

Nottingham, UK
athleos wrote:

Hey Seb, I sent you an email but you never responded...  Have you sent out my interface yet?  I was part of the first wave from way back when...  If you have, I haven't received it.  I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't received theirs yet.

Mines not turned up yet either, but seeing as they've turned up in Europe, I'm sure mine's floating around some depot somewhere.

All these videos of people getting theirs is making me hella jealous big_smile

FRANCE
little-scale wrote:

"VGM files are files that contain register data for one or more sound chips. I've made a small app that records ALL GenMDM data register writes, and stores them as a .VGM file.

The idea is that SEGA Mega Drive music can be written using GenMDM + Live / Logic / ProTools / whatever and then distributed via .VGM files if desired as opposed to recording from hardware. "

this is GENIUS !

Matthew Joseph Payne

double post

Last edited by kineticturtle (Jan 27, 2013 8:14 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne
Krubbz wrote:

Was this hard to do?  Tutorial seems pretty step-by-step.

Not hard at all! I soldered it onto a breadboard layout proto board after (with sockets, etc of course). I will say that soldering the shitty wires in the Genesis controller I tore apart was a pain in the butt (the wire is designed for CRIMPING, not soldering), but worth it. I'm enclosing it today and it will be very mobile. smile

If Seb doesn't mind, I can share the pinout I reverse engineered f you want to take that route.

Last edited by kineticturtle (Jan 27, 2013 8:15 pm)

ad-hell-aide

It's fine, the Pinout is implied with the pcb smile

ad-hell-aide
Aly James wrote:
little-scale wrote:

this is GENIUS !

I will make the reverse, too!

As in, load up Genesis .VGM files, and stream the address / data combinations to the GenMDM in real time for a USB-based, hardware .VGM player!

(Hopefully)

(Haven't tried it yet)

ad-hell-aide

higher quality youtube version

Dynamite work!

Unsubscribe

Holy crud.