ad-hell-aide

TFI instrument import function added to GenMDM M4L tools in theory (will be released with GenMDM 103).

http://little-scale.blogspot.com.au/201 … ction.html

Matthew Joseph Payne

Do you know of a 5v source inside the genesis/nomad that I could potentially use to power the teensy via the unused pin on the controller port?

Last edited by kineticturtle (Jan 28, 2013 1:33 am)

Matthew Joseph Payne

What the fuck? Weirdest double post ever.

Last edited by kineticturtle (Jan 28, 2013 1:31 am)

FRANCE
little-scale wrote:

TFI instrument import function added to GenMDM M4L tools in theory (will be released with GenMDM 103).

http://little-scale.blogspot.com.au/201 … ction.html

Too much greatness to handle! Damn you read my mind ? smile I was just working on this import thing and baam after posting the vid on the opm import I saw your post about the VGM loading and now tfi import smile so happy as can be! +1 for the VGM that plays a note per instruments!...you should had this feature in the standalone editor too.
By the way I need to find a way to convert HEX data to Decimal values to convert say a bunch of .tfi into text files with decimal values I can handle in my VST any win software that could handle that in a row? ++

ad-hell-aide

I can make u a max patch smile

ad-hell-aide
kineticturtle wrote:

Do you know of a 5v source inside the genesis/nomad that I could potentially use to power the teensy via the unused pin on the controller port?

Use pin 9 on the 9 pin controller port connection on the teensy. ??

FRANCE
little-scale wrote:

I can make u a max patch smile

that would be cool ^^ I would need the source to be able to compile it on win, until the trial expire smile you can PM me a link, this MAX thing seems pretty versatile I will seriously consider to buy it some day smile

FRANCE

+ I could learn a bit how it is done in max smile

ad-hell-aide

U can still use max runtime for free once the trial has expired smile))

FRANCE
little-scale wrote:

U can still use max runtime for free once the trial has expired smile))

cool smile
looking at the opm & tfi format I quite do not understand the Detune parameter conversion well...
the detune register normally goes from 0 to 7 : increasing the tone exponentially from 1 to 3 , no change at 4 then decreasing from 5 to 7.
in a tfi file the detune HEX values (A column) loading in for example VGMM produce the result I wrote in the B column, the C column is what you logically should get in a -3... 0.... 3 range...I found it strange as we get the value 3 two times instead of having 0 two times like shown here http://www.smspower.org/maxim/uploads/D … e929ab579.
seems interesting as a bunch of tfi files comes from opm files converted from opm converted from vgm using vgm2opm by shiru...looking at the source code from vgm2opm and vopmxtfi seems to show some -3 or +3 added to the DT parameter at some point but still I do not understand well why..maybe to stay in the -3 0 3 range..
anyway not to important.. but if anybody got a clue smile

--A  B  C
--7 /3 /-3
--6/ 3 /-2
--5/ 2 /-1
--4/ 1 / 0
--3/ 0 / 3
--2/-1 / 2
--1/-2 / 1
--0/-3 / 0

Last edited by Aly James (Jan 28, 2013 5:12 am)

FRANCE
little-scale wrote:

I will make the reverse, too!

As in, load up Genesis .VGM files, and stream the address / data combinations to the GenMDM in real time for a USB-based, hardware .VGM player!

(Hopefully)

(Haven't tried it yet)

If you do, could you further add the ability to mute/solo channels ? imagine the nice way to rip dac samples from the hardware.., listen in details to your favorite MD VGMs ...:)

Matthew Joseph Payne
little-scale wrote:
kineticturtle wrote:

Use pin 9 on the 9 pin controller port connection on the teensy. ??

Wait, what? Are you saying there's already a 5v source at the controller port? My pinout shows pin 5 as unused by the genMDM board, am I crazy?

ad-hell-aide

You can try to solder to the underside of the board, directly to the pin 5 I was thinking?

Chicago IL
Aly James wrote:
little-scale wrote:

I will make the reverse, too!

As in, load up Genesis .VGM files, and stream the address / data combinations to the GenMDM in real time for a USB-based, hardware .VGM player!

(Hopefully)

(Haven't tried it yet)

If you do, could you further add the ability to mute/solo channels ? imagine the nice way to rip dac samples from the hardware.., listen in details to your favorite MD VGMs ...:)

there's already ways to rip samples out of roms though

Matthew Joseph Payne
little-scale wrote:

You can try to solder to the underside of the board, directly to the pin 5 I was thinking?

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I was more wondering if anyone knew of a 5v supply from within the console, then I realized there's one at the a/v connector, so maybe I'll give that a shot today. smile

FRANCE
Saskrotch wrote:

there's already ways to rip samples out of roms though

yep I knew that one smile but It would be nicer with the hardware sound ^^