Unsubscribe

Is there enough room in a nomad to internally mount the board? Or a genesis?

herr_prof wrote:

Is there enough room in a nomad to internally mount the board? Or a genesis?

I would be very surprised, there was barely the room for me to replace the Nomads screen with a modern LCD and that was only a few mms thicker.  Couldnt tell you about genesis but I think that is far more likely.

Seb, thank you so much for all your work on this, its great to see you are developing it further and I am so glad I can go laptop free now you have added DIN in.  I cannot wait until I get mine!

Matthew Joseph Payne

I'd bet if you started with a new teensy with no header pins on it and built it to the MIDI board with ribbon cable (if you even wanted 5pin DIN) you could fit it. There's a lot of room in there, but that room is mostly pretty flat. That dome on the model 1 is just empty space though.

FRANCE

ONLY For the love of the YM2612 FM sound MD1 Headphone out....! smile
I recorded direct from my PAL Megadrive model 1 Headphone out , there is no or little PSG in it
some old VGM, small pieces of game type music in different styles I made for the SEGA  ...music were written with a tracker, not my favorite way of doing music but hey..That was before I have a proper MIDI device about to come from Australia...:)
I just love the sound so I share with y'all

best sound @ 720P

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
Aly James wrote:

...small pieces of game type music in different styles I made for the SEGA  ...music were written with a tracker, not my favorite way of doing music but hey..That was before I have a proper MIDI device about to come from Australia...:)
I just love the sound so I share with y'all

Very nice, thanks for sharing!! Just love the FM sound, the 'bell' tones.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
kineticturtle wrote:

...I will say that soldering the shitty wires in the Genesis controller I tore apart was a pain in the butt (the wire is designed for CRIMPING, not soldering), but worth it. I'm enclosing it today and it will be very mobile. smile

I know you've worked it out Kineticturtle, looking good.
Just a tip I've used repairing headphone cables (foil woven with nylon thread, GRRRR!). Crimping  loose pins from a DB connector onto the wire helps or telephone spade or butt connectors (they'r made for 22-26 AWG wire. RS 64-3070 or 64-3073). The butt connectors allow a splice with a more  solder-able wire, and the spade can be clipped down in size and soldered direct to a board; no special crimp tool needed, just needle nose pliers.

Unsubscribe

Couldnt you just use a regular db9 cable with the jack?

ad-hell-aide

Yep.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Guess what finally showed up today? smile

So that's one west coast US arrival. Anyone else in the US get theirs yet?

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
herr_prof wrote:

Couldnt you just use a regular db9 cable with the jack?

True enough, a M/F jumper is the best approach, IMO. But the Sega side may have an issue with clearance for a standard DB9 Female plug, have to remove the mounting screws/nuts. Using a controller cable and installing a DB9 on the Gen/MDM side if you have a controller to gut.
Lots of choices, most times it has to do with what's in my junk box.

ad-hell-aide

Yes, it has issues with this!

I've used a standard db9 con, but with the metal casing removed and the inner shell glued together smile)

got my 5 pin DIN midi installed
thank you for making this possible so fast, it has taken away all the noise I got from the USB connection smile

what about a 6 note Poly option, either on a separate MIDI channel or in a M4L patch
just an idea wink

ad-hell-aide

I'm working on it already - will be a Max patch and standalone app smile

ad-hell-aide

Ima add a 3 note router too, for the sn :3

little-scale wrote:

I'm working on it already - will be a Max patch and standalone app smile

great news, some FM chords gona sound mega

San Francisco

radnesssss i am shaking with anticipation by my mailbox.