Douglas, Wyoming

Are there any native trackers for GBA? I've been looking but haven't had any luck finding anything. I think it has a pretty unique sound chip that would be fun to play with. The closest I've found is the MTV Music Generator.

Douglas, Wyoming

http://youtu.be/lHEhkeRlldQ An example of how awesome GBA music can be

babylon

google "gba tracker". youll find some.

Maine

i hear theres a version of nano loop for the gba might be wrong though so youll have to google it

Douglas, Wyoming
walter b. gentle wrote:

google "gba tracker". youll find some.

I've already tried that, that was obviously the first thing I did try. There were a couple I found but nothing that implements the sample ability of the GBA. I've yet to see anything that can use the sample abilities of the GBA. I've only found M4G and to my knowledge it's been abandoned.

hiding under your bed
Monotron wrote:

MTV Music Generator.

They released that thing on GBA too?
Dang, it's everywhere!

California
Monotron wrote:

Wasn't Mother 3's music basically general MIDI sounds programmed into the game in a really weird way that you probably wouldn't be able to do with a tracker program or something?

Douglas, Wyoming
VCMG wrote:
Monotron wrote:

Wasn't Mother 3's music basically general MIDI sounds programmed into the game in a really weird way that you probably wouldn't be able to do with a tracker program or something?

Unfortunately, basically. But I was wondering if there would be a way to implement this kind of thing in a tracker or something similar. Sort of how LSDJ has it's drum kit samples and that there are ways to add new samples to it, or the DPCM in famitracker.

babylon

sry. my comment looks negative in retrospect. i don t have a knowledge of using gba but when i searched the first results i saw were for m4g, furious advance tracker, and paragon 5. with the first two being the only ones ive ever seen mentioned.

Douglas, Wyoming
walter b. gentle wrote:

sry. my comment looks negative in retrospect. i don t have a knowledge of using gba but when i searched the first results i saw were for m4g, furious advance tracker, and paragon 5. with the first two being the only ones ive ever seen mentioned.

Oh it's alright, I should have phrased my post better.

Placerville, CA

Why not just use a sample tracker like Milky Tracker?  GBA music is made up of samples and tracked, essentially.  Same with SNES.  They've just got a lower quality and more limitations because of the hardware.

Douglas, Wyoming
Guardia wrote:

Why not just use a sample tracker like Milky Tracker?  GBA music is made up of samples and tracked, essentially.  Same with SNES.  They've just got a lower quality and more limitations because of the hardware.

Well portability is a plus, it would be like having famitracker on the go. Also the limitations is the fun part.

Bristol, UK

This has great potential but it doesn't seem to be being updated...

http://www.furiousadvancetracker.com

Last edited by Evil Scientist (Jan 29, 2013 1:25 pm)

New Albany Indiana

I used lsdj on my bga, the first songs on my album up to 23 were made with the gba, and its actually a sucky sound chip.

Chicago IL

Mother 3, and a good amount of GBA games, use the Sappy sound engine, which is a shit ton of samples controlled through MIDI files, and played back through the GBA direct sound channels (sort of like a software version of the SNES soundchip) along with the original 4 GB channels.

Last edited by Saskrotch (Jan 30, 2013 12:15 am)

Chicago IL

but basically, as far as GBA native trackers go: there are some, but they're either incomplete (M4G tracker) or don't support more than the original 4 GB channels (FAT/ boyscout or ditty editor, i can't remember which is which)

Last edited by Saskrotch (Jan 30, 2013 12:14 am)