Andromeda's Black Hole

So far my gameboy pocket has served excellently for my purposes. There's this weird thing however that makes me wonder a bit.
I have a cartridge of Super Mario Land 2 and when I play it, some colors that should be lighter, like goomba skins, are black. and the same with lighter colors. I disregarded this as The graphics card in the game IS fucked up and there are some graphics in the background missing unless you pause the game. Then I noticed that in LSDJ, which is in my intact EMS cart, had a similar situation. it only shows the text and background and the highlights for the data the cursor is on, but doesn't show the highlights of anything else. you know, the color that's supposed to be highlighting the numbers 00 through FF and the right part where it shows what channels are playing what notes and the chain position data. it's not here. I figured it's biversion on my screen, since I ordered it like that. Am I right? am I wrong? Am I wasting your time? Only you can answer.

I think what happend is that either one of the two data lines you used for the biversion is disconnected, or they short circuit with each other.

that way, they only have 2 states instead of 4. (noticed this when i was messing around with open gameboys.)

check your wiring to see if there's any shorts or loose connections. then it should be fine.

Andromeda's Black Hole

I don't know how to do circuitry work. Justin did the gameboy for me.

pivot. wrote:

I don't know how to do circuitry work. Justin did the gameboy for me.

then I think Justin needs to fix it wink

sometimes it can be as simple as a bit of soldering debris shorting out the connection. it should be an easy fix.

Tokyo, Japan

Moved, clarified