Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Littlescale, you sir, are a wizard! Seems like you're whipping up a new app every hour!
Looks like I need to get my feet wet with Ableton and/or MAX. Have to start out with an old copy  of Live that came with a sound card I got awhile back. Is the MAX runtime all I need to run the patches outside of Ableton? They won't run within Ableton with out M4L, right?

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
wedanced wrote:

radnesssss i am shaking with anticipation by my mailbox.

I resemble that remark smile

FRANCE
yogi wrote:
Aly James wrote:

...small pieces of game type music in different styles I made for the SEGA  ...music were written with a tracker, not my favorite way of doing music but hey..That was before I have a proper MIDI device about to come from Australia...:)
I just love the sound so I share with y'all

Very nice, thanks for sharing!! Just love the FM sound, the 'bell' tones.

smile

ad-hell-aide
yogi wrote:

Littlescale, you sir, are a wizard! Seems like you're whipping up a new app every hour!
Looks like I need to get my feet wet with Ableton and/or MAX. Have to start out with an old copy  of Live that came with a sound card I got awhile back. Is the MAX runtime all I need to run the patches outside of Ableton? They won't run within Ableton with out M4L, right?

Yep sad Sorry dude.

Look, I'll try and keep the standalone editor and try and streamline it more for standalone use smile

ad-hell-aide

Made a polyphonic handler specific for GenMDM smile

http://little-scale.blogspot.com.au/201 … g-app.html

ad-hell-aide
eptheca wrote:
little-scale wrote:

I'm working on it already - will be a Max patch and standalone app smile

great news, some FM chords gona sound mega

done.

Spain

Received mine smile)))

http://vausspaceship.blogspot.com.es/20 … scale.html

little-scale wrote:
eptheca wrote:

great news, some FM chords gona sound mega

done.

they sound MEGA! (I checked out the video)
thanks a bunch smile

ad-hell-aide

lol big_smile

FRANCE
little-scale wrote:

Made a polyphonic handler specific for GenMDM smile

http://little-scale.blogspot.com.au/201 … g-app.html

great job! like on a FB01 smile very useful for live playing usage

while you have been doing your chip-wizardry, and catering for all our desires, this is what I've been up to

midi and power circuit, PIC, Teensy, Nomad and multiplexers all fit snugly
just waiting for some pots to start on the control surface

made this as well, "these fumes are making me thirsty"

kinda reminds me of this my kids used to watch of Teletubbies

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
eptheca wrote:

Very nice!! Bottom half of ZX case or is it the Nomad? Like'n how you mounted the Teensy. Very cool board fitting. Can't wait to see it finished.
You'r running MB64 on the core? LCD? Very interested in your configuration. Will be very cool to see a CS.
  Just got an NXP OM13000 (same as LPCxpresso brd, but cheaper!), so the plan is heading towards an NG.

eptheca wrote:

kinda reminds me of this my kids used to watch of Teletubbies

LOL!!!

yogi wrote:

Very nice!! Bottom half of ZX case or is it the Nomad? Like'n how you mounted the Teensy. Very cool board fitting. Can't wait to see it finished.
You'r running MB64 on the core? LCD? Very interested in your configuration. Will be very cool to see a CS.
Just got an NXP OM13000 (same as LPCxpresso brd, but cheaper!), so the plan is heading towards an NG.

Thanks smile
ZX case, just the Nomad guts minus the LCD(dead)
yes I'm running MB64, havent moved on to LPC17
I've seen you on the forum there as well
I'm keeping it simple, so no LCD
I haven't decided yet, but for now: 5 pots for each 6 FM channels:RAM presets,algorithm,feedback, level and multiple
might add a few extra for DAC on the 6th. I want some live tweakable parameters
I can't fit that much on the keyboard area of the ZX, too many pots too close is not really usable
I'll post a picture when I have a dummy CS up'n runnin, nice with some feedback from fellow builders

yogi wrote:

LOL!!!

I finally have an effective extractor, all those fumes can't be good
I think I'll put some ping-pong balls for eyes on it tomorrow wink

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
eptheca wrote:

ZX case, just the Nomad guts minus the LCD(dead)
yes I'm running MB64, havent moved on to LPC17

Yea (kind'of a dumb question) I guess a Nomad case would be way too small.
I've been reluctant to start with MIOS32 for a long time, too comfortable with 8bits (and got allot of samples from MC). But with the GenMDM, I'm jumping into the 32b pool wink

eptheca wrote:

I've seen you on the forum there as well
I'm keeping it simple, so no LCD
I haven't decided yet, but for now: 5 pots for each 6 FM channels:RAM presets,algorithm,feedback, level and multiple
might add a few extra for DAC on the 6th. I want some live tweakable parameters
I can't fit that much on the keyboard area of the ZX, too many pots too close is not really usable
I'll post a picture when I have a dummy CS up'n runnin, nice with some feedback from fellow builders

Yes, for me, CS' seems to be my biggest issue; one of those things that you start planning and it just grows and grows. Too many cool options you can add. I Really like the knobs and LEDs, but the simplicity of the Sammich SID hardware seems more appealing completion-wise, but then you have to rely on a DAW. Either way, it's about the sound in the end.
Looks very cool so far!

eptheca wrote:

I think I'll put some ping-pong balls for eyes on it tomorrow wink

That would be perfect!

FRANCE

Seb I would like to reverse the range of some ADSDR parameters on your standalone editor but I am not sure if it will change the midi data output or not witch I do not want...
like changing (0  127)  on the operators volume TL to (127  0). Normally when TL = 127 = attenuation max = volume 0 and so on.., and you probably did some conversion back when importing .tfi format

You obviously make a more human "understandable" rescaling of parameters to 0=min on the adsdr thing but as I cannot test on the hardware yet I am not sure if you reversed others like  for the 0 31, 0 15 AR DR etc..Also SSG is normally 0 to 15 and is 0 to 31 in your standalone.
In the MAX parameter objects I have a range and a mod range column, if I reverse the parameters does it reverse the midi cc too ?  because if it is the case I will not make it , you obviously map the CC on the genmdm firmware like 0 to 127  for example = Register TL 127 to 0

// edit: I cannot reverse the integers they are stuck to 0. to 127. in the param objects..maybe I should add a scale object somewhere..not sure how.

The reason I am asking for this is that I am used to program patches with the original attenuation logic and I am trying to make a VGM to GENMDM patch bank converter and it would be easier if the parameters were on the original range. smile

do not consider changing anything smile just wanted to know it it is easy /safe or not to reverse the range in max. if not I will try to reverse on my vgm2genmdm side.

not to important as we already have .tfi import but it could be nice , I have added .tfi import to the FMDRIVE too between smile

Last edited by Aly James (Jan 30, 2013 6:44 pm)

yogi wrote:

Yes, for me, CS' seems to be my biggest issue; one of those things that you start planning and it just grows and grows. Too many cool options you can add. I Really like the knobs and LEDs, but the simplicity of the Sammich SID hardware seems more appealing completion-wise, but then you have to rely on a DAW. Either way, it's about the sound in the end.
Looks very cool so far!

How are you on MIOS coding? Assembler? C?
My coding level, if you can call it that is copy/paste arduino stuff, so zero sad
I would love a CS for the GENMDM with LCD, buttons, LEDs and encoders, but I'm stuck with my limitations.
I also have the space limitations in the ZX case.

here's the mock up CS
a bit tight between the pots
I haven't used it enough yet to know which 4 parameters I would like to tweak live, but these are it for now
I'll probably add 2 pots and a button/LED for the DAC parameters on the right side of the case
any suggestions/comments?

Noo-noo-fumes, a soldering-man's best friend smile