clovis CA

havent really done any modding lately, but heres one.

new screen protector
blue asm backlight
biverted
1/8" prosound
ltc1799 procission oscillator

also, the front pcb is panted white, which turned out pretty sweet. it also has a pretty bright uv led in there, which i kinda liked. made the white glow a little
asking$100. trades are cool also.
pm me or directly at alleybeachelectric at gmail dot com

sorry for the iPhone quality...

thanks

Last edited by Alley Beach (Feb 3, 2013 8:11 pm)

Louisiana

Would you be willing to share with me how you went about painting the front pcb white? Ive been debated on trying this on one of my gameboys but disnt want to risk anything until I got more info on safe paints and techniques to use. Please PM me if youre willing to share. Ill sign an agreement or whatever if you wish. I only want to do it for personal cases of my own.

Thank you in advance. Even i you dont share smile

Murcia, Spain

Not sure if you'd be interested in this:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/9802/ … kemon-gbc/

Madriz, Supain

If you dont Dogtag's awesome pikachuboy (damn it, i need one) I want to trade this too http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/9856/ … and-games/ , I also have a few spare greyshells , and I'm willing to paypal a part as well if the trade isnt fair to you or something.

Me wants!

Have cash or Yellow GBC to trade, or Russian Big Muff Pie fuzz pedal.
Let me know what combo sounds musical to you.

clovis CA

@vex. i didnt do anything special. i taped the screen with masking tape. make sure tp tape it in LAYERS, i didnt do this and had to sit rubbing a screen for about an hour with warm water (googone is no bueno for the screen) after that i went on my way to paint it.
DONT USE SHITTY PAINT. really dont also, i think a matte finish would com out better than a gloss, definitely.
i did paint over the pads, but i think you could dab clear coat nail polish on it to protect them, and then use nail polish remover to take it of. but i dont know if this will work. i just scrape the paint off the pads, trying not to take the pad with it. thats really it. also, let the paint dry for a day or two.

clovis CA

that muff pi sounds too good to be true, i played bass all through my middle an high schooling days, and i NEEDED that. lemme think about it prayer wink

clovis CA

bump

Louisiana

Few more questions then. What defines a "shitty" paint to you? Could you tell me the brand you used? Also Ineould like to ask why didnt you go ahead and paint the mini sound pcb?

Louisiana

Oh also, is it hard to scrape the paint off the contacts when you want to go in and prosound it or light it?

And thank you very much for sharing. It really is a nice touch and a bery pretty gameboy

Couldn't you just put tape over the contacts before painting the PCB?  I bet a craft store would even have die-cut circle stickers that would fit perfectly over the contacts.  Then it wouldn't require careful scraping of paint to expose the contacts. 

Also, @Vex, you can solder in your mods first then paint the PCB... 

I didn't know you could paint the PCB honestly so I might try this on one of my clearboys as well.

clovis CA

vex: shitty paint is like the 90 cent wallmart paint. go for maybe rustoleum, and maybe in a matte finish. you could use die cut circles, that would work great. also, you could use an exacto knife and cut circles on gator tape. you know i would dap some nailpolish over traces you wish to tap into later. then get a Qtip with acetone and be careful wink

clovis CA

i was givin an offer after some mods... but did not go through. I installed an ltc1799 precision oscillator and a 1/8" prosound. because of the precision oscillator i would like to up the price to $100. thanks smile

clovis CA

sold smile