I'm a big fan of Hitlers chiptunes.

Chicago IL
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

Aaaand we've reached the Hitler jokes. Can this thread just fucking cease nao pls kthnxbai

technically it's partly a joke about how hitler jokes always show up in internet discussions

Tokyo, Japan

Can we get back on the topic of female chip musicians please?

England

i like how everyone just went along with me being a girl

New Albany Indiana

100th post

Bit wish wrote:

100th post

THE PROPHECY IS FULFILLED!

New Albany Indiana

Harrisonburg, Virginia
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

It's easy to just go "Who cares, I just want to know if they're a good artist or not" and think you're being smart, when in fact you're missing out a lot of issues and over simplifying.

I completely disagree. Gender/sex issues are important, but I've always just viewed the person creating the music I listen to as a musician, genderless and sort of removed from me. Gender, sexuality, race, etc. are interesting but unimportant to me when it comes to artists. I totally understand trying to find other female artists, but saying that ignoring personal attributes when enjoying art is "missing out a lot of issues" is, in my opinion, applying too much importance to the same stereotypes and classifications you are (might be?) trying to move away from.

nitro2k01 wrote:

Anyway. I think that's what it is. Curiosity. We as humans like to know something about the people around us. I think what you're saying about a tghread listing gay artists is the same thing as "that may or may not want to be associated with being female..." That is, stigma and prejudice. That's why people stay in proverbial closets. The gay closet, but on the internet often also the girl closet. People are afraid that other people will look down on them for being [attribute x]. In a world without the need for closets, this wouldn't be a concern.
I don't know which way a list like this affects things, but as long as it's genuine curiosity and in a positive spirit, I don't necessarily see the problem.

Similarly, I disagree with this personally. I'm not afraid people will find out I'm not straight, nor am I afraid people will find out that I'm a guy (and all the potentially negative stigmatisms that come with both labels). I can see that others in less open-minded communities would be afraid, but I really don't see the importance of gender, sexuality, etc. beyond pure curiosity, and even then those attributes can be detrimental to or fundamentally shift someone's enjoyment of a work.

Playboy Man-Baby
Saskrotch wrote:
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

Aaaand we've reached the Hitler jokes. Can this thread just fucking cease nao pls kthnxbai

technically it's partly a joke about how hitler jokes always show up in internet discussions

On any other forum, I would assume that.