Ok so I finally grew some balls and decided I wanted to post some music on here. When trying to record songs written on two gameboys I run into some problems. Honestly I dont know shit about recording so I tried running them through a splitter into the mic input on my computer and that didnt work well. I figured I would just record them separately but Audacity screwed me over not wanting to record the right sound channel on my slave dmg, it only records the left and center sound channels (no its not my prosound mod failing, I tried all of my gameboys). Iv'e come to the conclusion that I probably need a mixer. Is there a mixer that will work with two 1/8 prosound mods or do I have to do RCA mods or 1/4 prosound. If a mixer is not necessary and its something Im just doing wrong please tell me.

EDIT: Ya I know there are a bunch of threads about mixers, but none of them gave me the info I need. k bye

Last edited by Spaceman (Feb 12, 2013 2:06 am)

Madison, Alabama

If you want to record them at the same time, you'll need a mixer. The Behringer 502 is a popular bare-bones mixer. http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-502-XEN … B000J5UEGQ

Use two 1/8 to 1/4 stereo splitter cables to plug in to the mixer. http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CMP153-Cable … ereo+cable

Otherwise, record them separately. Use a count-in click track (like 4 hi-hat hits) at the beginning of both and zoom way, way in with audacity and line them up exactly. Don't have one set to slave, just record the two DMGs completely independently with the count-in.

I have looked at the Behringer and I see Left and Right 1/4 inputs, Does that mean I need left and right prosound mods on my dmgs or will one work fine?

Harrisonburg, Virginia

The 1/8 to 1/4 splitter cables do just that: they split the left and right stereo channels from the stereo 1/8 (headphone) output on the DMG. No prosound mod required.

ohio gozaimasu
Spaceman wrote:

I have looked at the Behringer and I see Left and Right 1/4 inputs, Does that mean I need left and right prosound mods on my dmgs or will one work fine?

Just one (just make sure to use a stereo jack). The cable he posted plugs into one stereo 1/8" jack and splits that into two 1/4" mono jacks.

But really you can use any combination you want. I personally hate the 502 and instead use an optimus ssm-1750 (A DJ mixer I found for 50 dollars), so the best choice for me is to have a double rca jack prosound and standard rca cables. If you go the non-dj mixer route, your best bet would be roboctopus's method or double rca to double mono 1/4"; two 1/4" jacks would be next to impossible to fit in a Gameboy, and stereo 1/4" cables are expensive.

Seriously you guys rock. This is perfect

Tokyo, Japan

Moved to Nintendo handhelds