Brazil
egr wrote:
bleo wrote:

Uhhh isn't pretty much everything we did in the monowave compo synthesis?

Well, yes.  I really don't know why I tend to think differently of manipulating a sample of a square wave (for example) versus manipulating an oscillator generated square wave.  There's simply no difference.  It's a silly distinction really.

Actually is just not to carry those tiny square samples. Also, i love the sound of monowave but I'm too stupid to use it properly (the sounds never get as I intended....).

An oscillator is just about the confort of not having to use a sample and a better and finer manipulation of the waves, better manipulation of PWM too. Samples tend to get a bit off sometimes, using built in osc would make the task easier and would save a lot of ass to make it work better. I always tried to do some tricks I did with LSDJ (like changing the square from 25 to 50 to 75 and back and forth and whatever) but I always got myself in sounding so off that I discarded completly.
I hope I'm making myself clear, cause what I would like is a AHX-like tracker.

On the other hand, I know this was brought before and the answer was PFIN, but I would prefer a better way to do a vibrato. Or maybe I'm that stupid too.

And well, I love the piggy, these are just suggestions anyway, why not get a bit off anyway?

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Dec 19, 2012 12:53 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

A fantasy item for me would be an instrument type options for the main output.  So on the project screen you could set the gain, crush, feedback, etc for both L and R channels independently.

edit for clarification (?)

Last edited by egr (Jan 2, 2013 8:39 pm)

france

I like the short "help" for each command in lsdj.
It's really short but it give all you need.

The same could be done on piggy without big cost.
It help beginners to begin and it help me to remember.

San Francisco

oooh this might be just me but i think it would be nice to have a bouncing volume level on the song screen. graphical feedback would be nice.

IL, US

reverse playback as an option on the instrument screen and via command

Unsubscribe
e.s.c. wrote:

Put the start point of a an instrument all the way at end, and the loop end point all the way the beginning on your sample.

Last edited by herr_prof (Feb 13, 2013 1:12 am)

Abandoned on Fire
herr_prof wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

Put the start point of a an instrument all the way at end, and the loop end point all the way the beginning on your sample.

yikes  really?  Ive been trying to make that work with lpof, unsuccessfully.

Unsubscribe

im not sure you can do it in a command, but you can do it on playback with the above.

When I manually sync 2 together using start often the sync is off by just a smidgen.. I can correct it by bumping the tempo up or down a few bpm, but it would be super useful if there was a nudge up or down for the tempo.. ie. holding a button and pressing up or down put it up/down 2 or 3 bpm until you release. That would really make it simple to sync for playing live.

lolusa
yoyz2k wrote:

Yeah, sometimes you're not around a wiki and want to use the LEGA command more precisely. Brief explanations would be a great improvement.

Germany

Support of old sample formats. (Ensoniq Mirage, E-mu Emulator/Emax, Akai MPC etc.)

IL, US
ovenrake wrote:
yoyz2k wrote:

Yeah, sometimes you're not around a wiki and want to use the LEGA command more precisely. Brief explanations would be a great improvement.

in the meantime, print yourself one of these and put it in your wallet
http://gorehole.org/dinoaids/007/dinoai … -guide.pdf

Unsubscribe
otakumode wrote:

Support of old sample formats. (Ensoniq Mirage, E-mu Emulator/Emax, Akai MPC etc.)

I just found this old program this week that might be helpful for this:
http://www.fmjsoft.com/awframe.html

There are a couple of cool things just looking at the feature set:

-You can convert a number of sampler formats (including a bunch of tracker formats!) into soundfont, which the piggy supports
- You can save individual patches from these sampler files into single instrument sounds fonts, so you import only the ones you like.
- You can easily edit sample formats, downsample, or remove layers to reduce the size of beefy patches.
- Supports dx-7 sysex!?!!/

I havent had a chance to really dive into the demo but it might be worth checking out it if you like digging old sample libraries in general.

IL, US

wish that supported esx save info, still a damn nice piece of software

Unsubscribe

Its still in development so maybe drop him a line.. does the esx do sds dumps? It supports those!

IL, US

not sure, havent got one anymore just the full backup files which were .esx files... might just contact him and make the suggestion