Brazil
egr wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

Put the start point of a an instrument all the way at end, and the loop end point all the way the beginning on your sample.

yikes  really?  Ive been trying to make that work with lpof, unsuccessfully.

Yeah, like herr_prof said, with command it doesn't work, so if you want something backwards it needs a new instrument. But I did this a lot with snares. Works awesomely.

france

One thing I do to sync two instrument to the same beat is to use one with dotted decimal bpm.
It works really well, it's not perfect but it's better than nothing.

If this feature :
- dotted decimal piggy bpm
- put +3/-3 on the tempo a very short time could be done
- restart "now" current playing chain
It could resolve sync issue for a lot of users.

I really think sometimes it's better than midi.

lolusa
e.s.c. wrote:
ovenrake wrote:

Yeah, sometimes you're not around a wiki and want to use the LEGA command more precisely. Brief explanations would be a great improvement.

in the meantime, print yourself one of these and put it in your wallet
http://gorehole.org/dinoaids/007/dinoai … -guide.pdf

fuck, I really love this design. thanks dude!

los angeles

mod import

N.E. U.S.

Besides subtractive synthesis, I think grain science is something that would complement piggy nicely and would be fun to play around with because it isn't really common. If done right, this could add even more to things like monowave and loops. Don't know if possible or easy, but if it is, it would be awesome to see.

VA

My wishlist:

MIDI on caanoo
Master mixer with aux sends/returns to a "master table" or to simple effects. No idea if that's possible. Or just a master mixer.
MIDI in
Easy to use soundfonts
On the spot resampling.

Tokyo, Japan

A mixer would be nice, specially bearing in mind how fierce the filter and feedback can be

VA

^^ this. I mean if you could have the wild distortion and be able to use it a mix with normal sounds.

Also I think my on-the-spot resampling is a very good idea, but I have no clue how feasible it would be.

Last edited by Cartoon Bomb (Apr 21, 2013 4:24 pm)

Cartoon Bomb wrote:

I think my on-the-spot resampling is a very good idea, but I have no clue how feasible it would be.

This is up there on my list, have no clue what it would take, but if there was a way to render a phrase/chain down a file path into the samplelib, that would be a great way of achieving resample functionality.  Again, have no clue how intensive that would be to program or process.

Top three (besides resample, in this order) :

- Reverb with Size, Time, Predelay, and Wet/Dry (a reverb algorithm seems incredibly difficult to program though, and very processor intensive)
- ADSR with commands for automation. (Perhaps, ENVA, ENVD, ENVS, ENVR?)
- Ping-Pong loop mode

I suppose its all a matter of centralizing functionality to make the piggy as versatile as possible.  I only post the functions of which I don't think there's a workaround.  I'm not lazy, I swear!

Would be down to pitch in for development of certain functionality. The pig is too valuable/awesome to begin with!

Last edited by damelday (Apr 29, 2013 10:43 am)

Geneva, NY

ADSR is totally possible with tables, but definitely an oft-requested feature. Just sayin'!

I know for a fact that ping pong is gonna happen sooner than later.

Unsubscribe

also tracker reverb effects are totally doable by doubling up channels especially using the delay command and closing the filter a little on the repeats!

Czech Republic

Midi in to trigger chains from other unit.

Unsubscribe
ryba wrote:

Midi in as a mapping destination is in the latest pi ghetto, but chains is next on my wish list too !

Czech Republic

unfortunately i have only dingoo A320
when this happen, i have to buy gp2x
but this thing would bee so usefull for me on gigs.

West Yorks, UK
herr_prof wrote:
ryba wrote:

Midi in as a mapping destination is in the latest pi ghetto, but chains is next on my wish list too !

what do you mean by mapping destination?

it sounds like youre saying you can play a sample via midi but cant record the notes with one? but im hopefully misunderstanding.

midi control of chains would be the biggest thing to happen to piggy since like, ever.

Unsubscribe

Im talking about mapping:
http://gorehole.org/lgptWiki/doku.php?id=lgpt:mapping

On the pi (and I think windows, linux and osx ghettos) you can now use a midi command on a device:channel combination to say have MIDI CC 34 control start, f3 control down etc etc. You cant play a sample via midi other than telling piggy GO DOWN THREE ROWS AND HIT PLAY.