Sweeeeeeden

Sorrry. I was very tired when writing that, I somehow linked to the old test ROMs used earlier in this thread. Try now.

Czech republic

Great! Works like a charm now!

Can't wait for tut on changing the sample loop (maybe even patcher? wink )

Last edited by ashimoke (Feb 11, 2013 11:13 am)

Los Angeles, CA

This is awesome! With the ability to easily change the sample, this could easily become a very useful tool live.

United Kingdom

Just tried the amen thang in emu, blimey that rocks!!! Hmm, need to splat a cart to try that on real h/w.

Cheers,
LW.

Toronto, Canada

Long time lurker, finally registered to ask what might be a silly question.

On your blog you note this will send out an LSDJ clock signal for syncing, which I assumed meant you would put LSDJ in sync mode and the start/stop and tempo from the Amen ROM would control it.  This doesn't seem to work though.  I have tried it with LSDJ as slave and master, neither work.  When I put LSDJ in slave mode, it shows 'waiting', start the amen ROM, and no reaction?  Using 2x DMG's with link cables, ROM's on EMS carts.

Am I missing something obvious here?  Any tips would be most appreciated.

Either way, thanks for making this.  Had a blast messing with it the other night, now I just want sync so I can lay down some bass lines and get a bit crazier with it.  Would also appreciate a patchable or editable ROM we can use our samples with.

Great work!!  Keep it up!

Sweeeeeeden

Infinity Curve: Make sure you have the new version of the ROM. For the first maybe 12 hours after publishing the post, the link pointed to an older version of the ROM with none of the functionality described in the post exceot being able to press up or down to change the pitch. If you have the older version, where none of the features work, upgrade. If it still doesn't work, I'll have to have a look at it.

Toronto, Canada

I definitely have the newer version, as I have all noted functionality, except sync.  I grabbed it later in the evening when you had already updated the link.

Would be awesome if I could get this working.  I spent an hour last night scratching my head wondering if I was missing something obvious, but all to no avail.

Thanks for the quick response.  Will keep an eye for further development on this.

Sweeeeeeden

Well, I can only fix bugs that can I can reproduc, or otehrwise understand and that's not the case here. You should put the LSDj side in either slave or MIDI mode — MIDI is recommended because slave gives a one tick lag when used with this ROM but either mode will work — and then press start. This should put LSDj in "wait" mode unless there's something already sending a sync signal. It is recommended to first put LSDj in wait mode, and then start playback on the other side, so the two side start playing at the same time.

Are you able to sync two copies of LSDj?

Czech republic

I'd love to test it but I have no link cable right now sad

Toronto, Canada
nitro2k01 wrote:

Well, I can only fix bugs that can I can reproduc, or otehrwise understand and that's not the case here. You should put the LSDj side in either slave or MIDI mode — MIDI is recommended because slave gives a one tick lag when used with this ROM but either mode will work — and then press start. This should put LSDj in "wait" mode unless there's something already sending a sync signal. It is recommended to first put LSDj in wait mode, and then start playback on the other side, so the two side start playing at the same time.

Are you able to sync two copies of LSDj?

That's exactly what I did, and I did even try midi mode just to see if it made any difference.  I will mess with this further when I get home and report back.  Would LSDJ version matter?  I believe I'm using 4.6.2 iirc.

Last edited by Infinity Curve (Feb 14, 2013 1:59 am)

Toronto, Canada

So, came home, tried again; didn't work. Tried different game boys; didn't work. Swapped carts around; didn't work. Swapped link cables; didn't work. Put everything back exactly the way I started in the first place; it worked! 

WTF??!!

Still, just glad I got it working. Expect a demo tomorrow evening, this shit is killer for live mixes. PULLLLEEEZZ make this so we can load our own samples.  I would pay for that!

Sweeeeeeden

You probably have a loose contact in the link cable, or there's corrosion on either the link port plug or jack.

Seattle, WA

Project suggestion: Autoinstaller for EMS catridge device drivers.

EDIT: PLEASE.

Last edited by Dire Hit (Feb 14, 2013 3:16 am)

Sweeeeeeden

Better late than never.

http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2013/02/19 … -graphics/

Week 7: A ROM for showing custom graphics.

clovis CA

im about to try this out right now.