Unsubscribe

I didnt do mine, but eh community seems super friendly and helpful. Maybe try a simple project first though if your scared! There is also a bunch of guys in the forum who offer their build services.

Czech Republic
ashimoke wrote:

I should buy Shruthi.

there are some of this used instruments available here in Czech republic. midi<dot>cz

TX

big_smile

Joliette, QC, Canada

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

My newest baby, the Arturia MiniBrute:

Pics of the actual new setup when I figure out a good way to set it all up tongue

Seattle, WA
KrisM wrote:

big_smile

How is that? I've heard it sucks. But if it's anything like the video for "One" by SHM I'd like to pick one up.

TX
Dire Hit wrote:

How is that? I've heard it sucks. But if it's anything like the video for "One" by SHM I'd like to pick one up.

I'm really enjoying it so far. The 'headphone' output is really a line output, so most consumer headphones (16-32ohms) have a dreadful hiss/noise (anything made for the iPod Age) but it's not present when plugged into a line input. My ATH-M50 cans (38ohm) are pretty quiet as well. The plastic on the screen is SOFT and will scratch if breathed on. Seriously, a clean microfiber cloth left swirl marks o.O It absolutely needs a screen protector ASAP.

The synth engines are nice, to me. But I like weird little quirky instruments. Dr. Wave is great for 8 bit sounds. A guy named Cuckoo even has a bunch of NES-inspired presets on the ohpeewon forum smile

The OP-1 seems to be a love it or hate it thing, and some quickly (and perhaps arrogantly) dismiss it as a 'toy.' Honestly I think it's a bit expensive for what it is, but I got it for 10% off anyway. I've already forgotten how much I spent as I spend time with it. I don't regret the purchase at all.

**edit** forgot to mention, it has a 4 operator FM engine, too smile

Last edited by KrisM (Feb 16, 2013 5:45 pm)

Fr

auxcide i want your arturia minibrute pls thx

Matthew Joseph Payne

Still cleaning up the GenMDM programming, but everything works!

Albuquerque NM

I just have my gameboy color and one lsdj cartridge and im planning to play out on the street here in albuquerque just so i can have fun

United Kingdom

Potential setup!

Cheers,
LW.

Grimsby, UK
KrisM wrote:

this is beautiful, truly beautiful, and as a man who judges a book by its cover, truly the greatest thing i've ever seen

Bratislava, Slovakia
rasta_dan wrote:
KrisM wrote:

this is beautiful, truly beautiful, and as a man who judges a book by its cover, truly the greatest thing i've ever seen

It is like digital tape with some oscs, video from SHM does not feature it (afaik mostly Lennar Digital Sylenth and some machinedrums). For iPad is very similar Samplr and i also like Borderlands Granular.

Last edited by martin_demsky (Feb 19, 2013 1:15 pm)

TX
rasta_dan wrote:
KrisM wrote:

I think it's pretty awesome looking, too. I love when people dismiss it as an over-priced toy (it is a bit too highly priced, imo...). It's toy-like nature actually appeals to me, and I love the synth engines on board. They're digital as hell and don't try to sound like a virtual analog synth.

I do have an Atomic Purple Gameboy Color and an OG Gameboy coming to keep it company, now, too big_smile

Bratislava, Slovakia

Gadgets looks like spanish ZX Spectrum 128k+  smile

detroit
kineticturtle wrote:

Still cleaning up the GenMDM programming, but everything works!

yeah! these are the set ups i like seeing. how's that genMDM treating you thus far?