Earth
InactiveX wrote:
Aeros wrote:

i deleted system32 thrice on the thing

What, you fell for that old trick three times?

Windows doesn't let you do that anymore. I swear.

Savannah, Georgia
InactiveX wrote:
Aeros wrote:

i deleted system32 thrice on the thing

What, you fell for that old trick three times?

no, i did it because i thought it was funny when the system wouldn't restart. yeah, i was retarded back then.

Last edited by Aeros (Dec 26, 2012 6:46 pm)

Czech Republic

C64 around 1990. Long years of playing games on it. My childhood. I didn't have PC for a long time.
I'm using my old C64 on a gigs.

Planet Zaxxon

My first computer that entered our house was an APPLE IIe, in 1985 or so.

I had some great games such as Apple Cider Spider, Conan, Arcade Boot Camp

Also had sweet programs to make banners, posters and cards... aw yeah

California, United States

I got a custom built PC when running win98 when I was about 7(?) I can't quite remember. I've never owned a console and I never played any classic games like Super Mario or Mega Man. I mainly played adventure games, such as Pajama Sam (I know it's a horrible game title) that series influenced my tastes greatly, as well as the music for the first game brought me to the wonderful world of jazz

Utah
O2star wrote:

We had a IIGS, circa '86-87, and I remember Conan and Arcade Boot Camp fondly. My favorite games were probably Zany Golf, King's Quest and Tass Times in Tone Town.

Earth

A crappy Compaq I got when I was 14. I was happy to have it.

Sweden

I had a big beige 486 box without a soundcard, loaded with Apogee shareware that I got when my dad bought a Pentium machine. I think I was 8 or 9. Before that I think I had a Master System, but I'm not sure. I didn't use computers or play video games a lot until I was 13 or so.

Douglas, Wyoming

First computer was an old macintosh, first game console was a DMG and a snes.

90's kid blues.

Planet Zaxxon

ooops, just realized I already posted in here! ha, and its an old thread !!

Last edited by O2star (Feb 28, 2013 3:35 pm)

Planet Zaxxon
The Laohu wrote:
O2star wrote:

We had a IIGS, circa '86-87, and I remember Conan and Arcade Boot Camp fondly. My favorite games were probably Zany Golf, King's Quest and Tass Times in Tone Town.

Did you ever have some cooking game? I have been trying to think of the name of it, but no luck with any research. You play a baker and have to assemble food items.. kind of like a mini-game style.

New Albany Indiana

My mom breast fed me mario kart and mortal combat as an infant.

my first was a c64 when my father's company upgraded to macs in the late 80s. I was running learning games like wiz-type and stuff for fun like trek64 and fast eddy. the toy store in the mall had a small box of video games back then (there wasn't much of a selection, this was Alabama after all)

I had a basic programming book when I was around 10 (I speak basic to my commodore 64. Blue cover white type) and I copied the sample code...I remember how happy I was to see a bouncing ball ricochet about 4 times around the screen and then disappear. It took all day and I remember a lot of ",8,1". I borrowed another book from the library that showed how to build a portable robot but it involved destroying a ribbon cable and my parents wouldn't let me.

9H05T wrote:

(there wasn't much of a selection, this was Alabama after all)

Are you still in Alabama? I am always in the Tuscaloosa area, and home is in Birmingham. Roboctopus lives up in Madison.

I'm there a lot as my parents still live there (Hoover) and my girlfriend's family lives there as well (Mobile). I moved to Nashville, TN for work (as I graduated with a music engineering degree now I'm a graphic designer ...go figure).

Fr

Amstrad CPC around 1988