Brazil
e.s.c. wrote:

12 monkeys is a little ambiguous on that, but the short it is based on (La jetée) has it as a clear time travel story, so i'd say the future elements are literally happening, not just a figment of his imagination/delusions.... also, hard to explain away him having the memory of the airport from his childhood if the time-travel element isnt really happening

Didn't know about that. So I can see the movie with another eyes then. But then, to explain, the airport scene could've been his fucked up mind playing tricks. I dunno how I would explain the bullet from 42 (was that?) but could also been all his imagination. But this is not the case, so I take back what I said.

Domu wrote:

teminator 1/2 also! for UK denziens, 2 is on right now

The first is just so awesome!

West Yorks, UK

Both are great! seen 2 way more than the first, though i agree the first is better.

yahh Akira totally slipped my mind, thats deffo post-apocalyptic.

Equilibrium is a great film that sort of counts (theyre all post world-war 3, start taking the soma to prevent further wars) Even though the film is a massive rip off of loads of other stories (1984 and brave new world mainly) its well worth the watch.

Keep the suggestions coming, just realised I have a worrying lack of apocalyptic films!

England
µB wrote:

Edit: Anyone seen Stalker (1979)? Any good? (I liked the original Solaris.)

the russian film? its ok, it starts off well but quickly turns in to a series of monologues, so its very slow.

the book Roadside Picnic is very nice though

Brazil

Just found this list, has "everything" from movies to books and comics/manga.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_a … ic_fiction

Seeing some stuff to watch out later.

Brazil

Just remebered: Dune!

Unsubscribe

Repo Man

Chicago IL, USA

the Planet of the Apes franchise is probably my favorite.

canada

every recent adam sandler movie.

西安
Domu wrote:

yahh Akira totally slipped my mind, thats deffo post-apocalyptic.

And totally awesome!

Domu wrote:

Equilibrium is a great film that sort of counts (theyre all post world-war 3, start taking the soma to prevent further wars) Even though the film is a massive rip off of loads of other stories (1984 and brave new world mainly) its well worth the watch.

Yeah, super derivative...but also super fun. Totally worth the watch just for the introduction to the insane concept of 'gun-kata' and some well-thought-out (if totally implausible) fight scenes, etc.

Not technically relevant, but this aggregation of artwork by 東京幻想 is super excellent if you enjoy postapocalyptic scenery. Also makes great wallpapers.

Iowa
wailord wrote:

every recent adam sandler movie.

Ziinng!!

Finland

Threads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MCbTvoNrAg

/ End thread

Unsubscribe

also: year of the comet.

West Yorks, UK
viciousitaly wrote:

Totally worth the watch just for the introduction to the insane concept of 'gun-kata' and some well-thought-out (if totally implausible) fight scenes

Word... a Gun martial art?! How sick.
Though like you say, the whole theory behind it is complete bull tongue
Optimum angles/ position using statistics? yehrite lol

Day of the triffids is pretty damn good. (The book) The two-parter TV version with Eddie Izzard was aight'
All of John Wyndhams books are worth aread but Triffids is the only one i've read thats post-apocalyptic.
Never seen a film version of it, but im gonna hunt one down.

England
Domu wrote:

Day of the triffids is pretty damn good. (The book) The two-parter TV version with Eddie Izzard was aight'
All of John Wyndhams books are worth aread but Triffids is the only one i've read thats post-apocalyptic.
Never seen a film version of it, but im gonna hunt one down.

Check out The Chrysalids. Its my favorate of his, set after some sort of disasterious event with people mutating n shit.

austin, tx

I recently watched Miyazaki's Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind and was floored by it.

The Earth has been infested with giant maggots and poisonous spores; everything that grows on the Earth becomes poisonous to humans, with the exception of a few small villages by the oceanic coasts.

Not too keen on films, but this was by far my favorite post apocalyptic game