☺☺☺

surely if your were that proud of those songs you would invest in a transferer? i understand its 'murica etc etc no moneez etc etc but still....

made long ago but still useful today tongue

VA
57 wrote:

I was thinking of replacing batteries before they run out, would that stop data loss? If so, how many hours on the cart would be a good indicator for doing so?

Don't quote me on this, but I think removal of your battery will actually wipe your cart clean:)  Not sure though.  You might want to figure out a way to back your stuff up.  I've heard of carts lasting anywhere from a month to a couple of years.  So, it's like when the cable guy tells you you need to be home between the hours of 9 and 5.

Camden, London
Cartoon Bomb wrote:
57 wrote:

I was thinking of replacing batteries before they run out, would that stop data loss? If so, how many hours on the cart would be a good indicator for doing so?

Don't quote me on this, but I think removal of your battery will actually wipe your cart clean:)  Not sure though.  You might want to figure out a way to back your stuff up.  I've heard of carts lasting anywhere from a month to a couple of years.  So, it's like when the cable guy tells you you need to be home between the hours of 9 and 5.

i'll google it. But i backup monthly smile which is a hassle, 3 old carts and 2 bleepbloops, i back up to a file-hosting site in case of a fire!

Unsubscribe

Battery removal kills savs dead.

Miami, FL

this reminds me, i need to backup. sorry about your loss.

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

mega memory cards ftw!

they only work on pockets/colors for some reason though.
i have 3 music DMGs and a backup pocket.

also, i was able to backup my sav from my ems32 cart onto the mega mem,
then flash that sav onto my new usb64cart and backup/update both carts!

MA

Who has Transferer's for sale? Just curious, because I've been trying to hunt one down now for several months... I guess they're all sold out??? Anyone have a used one kicking around???

Madison, WI

I think most store owners in the US stopped stocking due to it being an outdated technology.  If you like, however, you can send your carts my way and I can perform a backup for you.  I kept one for just such an occasion.

SF

WELL, TIME TO BACK UP MY CARTS.

I seriously love that thing. So useful and it only cost $5. Works fine on my DMG after I cut the "safety latch."

I used that same technique you used on your 32m cart on my GameBoy camera.

MA
nonfinite wrote:

I think most store owners in the US stopped stocking due to it being an outdated technology.  If you like, however, you can send your carts my way and I can perform a backup for you.  I kept one for just such an occasion.

Oh, word up! Why do you think it's considered "outdated"? To me it's new technology...lol. But, if I have no luck with getting a Transferer 2, then I'll consider sending you my carts.... I guess. Right now I don't really have much material to care about "backing up" yet.... that day will come eventually, so I'll let ya know! Thanks!!!

lolusa

Writing songs builds experience.

Losing songs builds character.

Deleting songs on purpose is Manly.