SLC, UT

Gorilla Biscuts

England
e.s.c. wrote:
Jellica wrote:

DJ Rupture mix CDs

fuck yeah, and which ones? ive been more into "low income tomorrowland" lately, but ive also got "58:46 radio mix", "gold teeth thief" & that mutamassik split "the bidoun sessions", plus some radio sets i found online...

havent heard low income tomorrowland or 58:46 radio mix. i recently brought some of his more recent mixes - Solar Life Raft and Uproot, they have a bit more of a dubstep feel about them but dont let that put you off

Abandoned on Fire
Fatal Labyrinth wrote:

Shinsei Kamattechan: If The Flaming Lips never evolved out of doing acid punk and kept that influence through the remainder of their work, they'd probably sound kinda like this. Punk vocals and guitar with multi-layered synth/piano melodies. Their frontman and songwriter Noko is about as crazy as Wayne Coyne and as musically talented as Steven Drozd. Their album Tanoshii ne is available on US iTunes now, and it's their best work to date.

This description is so great that I almost don't want to look up the band for fear they won't live up to it.

But I will anyway.

西安

Chip-wise, lots of WMD and 4mat.

Nonchip-wise,

Games
Dntel
Thrice
The Head and the Heart
First Aid Kit
Paper Diamond
Actress
Oneohtrix Point Never (fuck yeah!)

Saw XXYYXX with Giraffage at a show in Portland a week or two ago; accidentally got a bit too drunk and had to catch an early bus home so I missed Giraffage and barely remember XXYYXX (enough to know he was good, though).

Big three I'm consistently bumping are:

Washed Out
Teen Daze
Houses

Homegrown Belgian Breakcore
Droon, Omyigacore, Neocortex, Wanbushi

Austin, TX
egr wrote:

This description is so great that I almost don't want to look up the band for fear they won't live up to it.

But I will anyway.

I hope you dig em!

Another kinda weird parallel between the Lips and Kamattechan is that they've both done some hella weird collaborations. Kamattechan once collaborated with B.B. Queens, a really bad one-hit wonder pop band, kinda like that time the Lips collaborated with Ke$ha. They did a live TV performance where everyone except Noko and Kamattechan's keyboardist played the song while Noko and the keyboardist just fought and screamed at each other. It was pretty great. I can't find the youtube footage atm because I don't know Japanese that well.

They also did a really fantastic show with Midori, the hardcore punk/jazz band, but the live footage of it isn't on youtube.

Earth

Datasette
Drexciya
Crystal Antlers
The Shins
AFX
Earth Crisis
Autechre

IL, US
Jotie wrote:

Homegrown Belgian Breakcore
Droon, Omyigacore, Neocortex, Wanbushi

droon iss sick, super nice guy too

Yeah, over 30 now so doesn't play as much anymore.
Still owes me a breakcore gives me wood shirt, but he can't get up early enough to the post office on a saturday with 300 orders.
And this has been the case for at least 4 years now.

So I forgive him.

Omyigacore and Wanbushi are also great guys who are now filling up the gaps left behind by the elderly leavig (sickboy, terror and mayhem). It's much more 4 to the floor hardcore now, but with great breaks layered on top. Maybe nothing for the older venetian snares fans, but I'd say check them out. Same city, same shitty venues with bad speakers and missing floor tiles. If you're interested in how things are going around here, check them out.

The Bronx

http://www.thisismyjam.com/minusbaby

http://omg.topherchris.com/audio/minusbaby

.FILTHadelphia
stargazer wrote:

Gorilla Biscuts

All you ever need to listen to.

shoegazey-  be forest, silversun pickups, my bloody valentine, smashing pumpkins

hip hoppy- wu-tang, atmosphere, quasimoto, aesop rock

Chicago
breakphase wrote:

Earth Crisis

I found an advance release promo of Breed the Killers in my church's free cd bin the other day
Earth Crisis is goooood shit

Seattle, WA US

Planet Zaxxon

this:

iamamiwhoami -

Earth
theghostservant wrote:
breakphase wrote:

Earth Crisis

I found an advance release promo of Breed the Killers in my church's free cd bin the other day
Earth Crisis is goooood shit

That's cool, I think I heard about that one. I haven't really kept up with Hardcore/Metal music for a few years, but it's fun to rock-the-fuck-out to now and then -- in between my pansy ass armchair music =P. I'll have to check it out.