Being a teacher and/or travelling a lot is obviously perfectly fine.
The problem is, if you have a shop you have to tell your customer if and when you're not able to process the orders, because that's how you run a business.
That said, I hope I'll get my money back soon.

All in all, someone just earned a cutomer. I'm looking at you kitsch tongue

ohgodno, Indiana
Adhrast wrote:

Being a teacher and/or travelling a lot is obviously perfectly fine.
The problem is, if you have a shop you have to tell your customer if and when you're not able to process the orders, because that's how you run a business.
That said, I hope I'll get my money back soon.

All in all, someone just earned a cutomer. I'm looking at you kitsch tongue

Kitsch is the man with the goods wink

edit: never done me wrong heart

Last edited by b4by f4c3 (Mar 1, 2013 6:43 pm)

UK

This appeared on the site ''Hi Haven't had the net for a month >.< but it seems to be back now. Will catch up with you all asap.'' but my order still hasn't shipped. Definitely going with Kitsch in the future.

I've had my money back, that's all that matters in the end.

England

DJTransformer is breaking UK law by offering EMS carts for sale.

InactiveX wrote:

Really? Didn't know, why is that?

Sweeeeeeden
InactiveX wrote:

Source on that? Consolegoods (also UK based) has stopped offering EMS cartridges and is claiming that this is due to PayPal's policy, not the law.
As stated here: http://www.robwebb1.plus.com/gb/gb.htm

England

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10790835

They mention DS and Wii specifically but (IANAL) I believe it applies to all copying devices.

matt's mind

not sure how the law reads, but from the article:

"The court affirmed that game copiers first circumvent Nintendo's security systems before any non-infringing application can be played on Nintendo's handheld products"

EMS carts aren't bypassing any sort of security parameter, nor do they modify it in some way like a modchip.  granted, i'm not in the UK, but it seems like the element which the courts took issue with (the intentional disabling/bypassing of the lockout/security whatevers) isn't an issue with this earlier generation of technology.

Sweeeeeeden

IANAL, too, but I think what the ruling is saying is that such devices can be illegal, ie that the possibility of non-infringing use is not a blanket defence. The ruling merely sets a precedent. However, it would still be up to a court to judge in each individual case. If someone is offering cartridges alongside with items/services geared toward musicians, (prosound modifications, LSDj-MC2) I think it would be much easier to convince the court that you're not merely selling thinly veiled piracy devices.