Chicago
DogTag wrote:

Thank you GoingHam. Everything there makes sense, but still hasn't solved my problem.

I ended up doing the USB thing, and the keyboard does switch on, and at first I managed to make LSDJ say "I80" (I guess that the keyboard was somehow synced), but it wasn't working. Then, all of a sudden, it stopped displaying I80 and so I'm stuck.

I checked with my multimeter and with the male PS/2 connector that the connections were fine and so it seems! The only weird thing is that when I probed the "data" and "clock" wires of the keyboard on my oscilloscope, they were both in "high" state, and only went for the logic "down" when pressing keys, but both of them! I thought the clock would have a steady periodic "pulse" or something, and the "data" aperiodic signals when pressing keys... It's all weird.

What manufacturer of keyboard/ model# are you using?
The vast majority of ps/2 keyboards (atleast that I've run into) aren't LSDJ compatible.

Austin, Texas

Oh hey little thread~

I'm not around much these days, but I went to considerable trouble learning how to make DMG-04 to PS/2 adapter capables, so I'll try to get some informative pictures up in the near future when I have some time.

There's a lot of good information in my old LSDj keyboard thread, which was active when GoingHam and I got our first working LSDj keyboard setups together.

EDIT: here's a link to the specific post with information about the keyboard I've used successfully and like to use when making LSDj keyboards on commission.

Last edited by Telerophon (Feb 19, 2013 1:49 am)

San Diego

Quick question about keyboard modding, do the keyboards all have to have the PS/2 connection or would a USB one work? Just curious since I got a USB keyboard laying around and when I opened it up the circuit board had a layout of  V,G, D+,D- and the 5th wire was unlabeled. I also have a DMG-07 to use for this mod as well just for the heads up.

Murcia, Spain
Vile wrote:

Quick question about keyboard modding, do the keyboards all have to have the PS/2 connection or would a USB one work? Just curious since I got a USB keyboard laying around and when I opened it up the circuit board had a layout of  V,G, D+,D- and the 5th wire was unlabeled. I also have a DMG-07 to use for this mod as well just for the heads up.

It has to be PS/2. USB doesn't use the same communication protocol as PS/2 and the DMG do.

San Diego
DogTag wrote:
Vile wrote:

It has to be PS/2. USB doesn't use the same communication protocol as PS/2 and the DMG do.

Thanks DogTag, couldn't seem to find the answer anywhere else for some reason. Might have just skimmed over it maybe.