Hi,
because it seems there is as good as no chiptune scene in Germany, we try to get together at least a few people. Feel welcome to join our facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/400205773408195/

c ya!

London

i play parties in germany quite frequently and i would definitely say there are active artists:

melody microwve (aachen)
die moderne welt (hannover)
naomi sample (luneburg)
sputnik booster (augsburg)
firestarter (wuppertal, though he lives in holland now)
505 (dresden)
also in berlin there is a collective called 8bitvomit organising stuff

theres a party each year in hannover called 'monsters of 8bit' they had starscream from NYC there quite recently.

i hope you track down some buddies!!

edit:
also, Melted Moon (aschaffenburg)
bleep street (berlin chiptune label)

i'm sure i will keep adding to this list wink

Last edited by gwEm (Mar 11, 2013 6:54 pm)

ohio gozaimasu

Stern Fucking Zeit

Nomad's Land
AlexKidd wrote:

Hi,
because it seems there is as good as no chiptune scene in Germany

LOL I'd say you aren't looking hard enough.

Holland

505 is German and great! And Stern Fucking Zeit is pretty great as well!

irrlichtproject wrote:
AlexKidd wrote:

Hi,
because it seems there is as good as no chiptune scene in Germany

LOL I'd say you aren't looking hard enough.

maybe... while I only found one regular chiptune party, and haven't heard of this in a while (no party 2013), no partys or gigs at all in hamburg, where I live, and absolutely no community for german chiptune music on google...  even though there seem to be a few artists, as gwEm pointed out (thank you for this, btw!), that's not what I call a scene at all wink
If you look at any other alternative scene here in hamburg, you can go on partys at least 2 times a month... but maybe this will change in the future smile

Tacoma, WA

Covox is german, isn't he?... I really like some of his work, but he isn't active on any forums I know of.

I think he's from sweden... love his music though smile

Nomad's Land

You are right, Hamburg is pretty dead as far as Chip goes. There used to be a collective doing stuff there a while ago, but it seems to have vanished. Generally you're expecting a bit too much, though. Europe isn't like the US. You can't have a chiptune party twice a month here, because the fanbase needed for that simply doesn't exist. And, partly due to the popularity of minimal electro, I don't think there ever will be.

As far as active musicians are concerned, Germany actually has one of the biggest chip scenes in Europe, second only to the UK and maybe Sweden (though Swedish scene is far less active than it used to be). Just a few names that come to mind immediately:

Midi Man
SorgenFreu
Felsenkind
Chris Huelsbeck
mini roc
Zweitgolf
Low Bit Revolte
Bikecore
Tom Woxom
MM Project
9-Heart
Blörb der Bär
G0DLIKE
Stereochan
Triac
Lakitunes

edit: Oh, and bitmuch, how could I forget her wink

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Mar 11, 2013 8:16 pm)

Thank you very much!
Yeah, I guess Chiptune will never be as big as other electronic music here, but therefore it's even more important to organise us...
maybe some cheesy fb-group will not change anything, but it will not harm anyone wink

IL, US
irrlichtproject wrote:

Europe isn't like the US. You can't have a chiptune party twice a month here, because the fanbase needed for that simply doesn't exist.

though really thats only even the case in NYC (and maybe philly/detroit)...most of the US is in the same boat

Joliette, QC, Canada
Vellain wrote:

Covox is german, isn't he?... I really like some of his work, but he isn't active on any forums I know of.

Covox is from Sweden !!!

btw no one said Bodenständig 2000 ?! yikes

I'm german smile

Holland

I played in Darmstadt last year with Deadbeatblast, Men of Mega, RoccoW, Stern Fucking Zeit and us. Was pretty awesome for a German party!

I'm german but live in Sweden now. But I'm visiting the old country pretty often, so I'd love to meetup and play a show.

London
XyNo wrote:
Vellain wrote:

Covox is from Sweden !!!

btw no one said Bodenständig 2000 ?! yikes

B2000 haven't been active for a bit though sad

edit: although drx's side project "education of the n00bs" is active!

Last edited by gwEm (Mar 12, 2013 1:23 pm)