Hey,

I really enjoy tracking with LSDJ. I really like computing with my netbook. I want to combine the two, but how? Well my initial thought was to find a "USB Gameboy Controller", but not to my surprise there were none (basically, the bottom half of the Gameboy would be used as a controller). My next idea was, why not modify LSDJ so it feels like a terminal program?

*Skip to the real question*
Currently I find the fonts used in LSDJ are just not pleasing, with the exception of kiko which is bareable. How can I replace these with say, the Terminus font (bitmap font), or proggy fonts (more bitmap fonts)?

Ur welcome.

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4916/ … atch-more/

hiding under your bed
_133 wrote:

Well my initial thought was to find a "USB Gameboy Controller", but not to my surprise there were none (basically, the bottom half of the Gameboy would be used as a controller).

I'm not entirely sure what you meant by this.
Use it as a midi controller, or as a game controller?
Either way, while not specifically Gameboy, are plenty of USB adapters for various retro console controllers for use as game controllers, which you could then use as a game controller when emulating LSDJ (I'm really not sure if that's what you wanted or not), OR you could sort of almost use it as a midi controller by using GlovePIE or a similar program to remap the buttons on the controller to act as input from your keyboard or mouse.
From there you can just open up the keyboard interface in whatever DAW you use, and use the controller to play music.

Not that you'd care any more at this point, but I figured I'd mention it.

buffalo, NY

I use the emulator BGB and this USB controller.  Works great and is easy on the eyes.

Gosford, Australia

LSDJ: comic sans edition

PianoGameboy wrote:

Use the gameboy as a controller to move around in an emulator : )

Last edited by BlakePalmer (Mar 20, 2018 11:00 pm)

hiding under your bed
_133 wrote:
PianoGameboy wrote:

Then yeah, you can't do it with a gameboy, but you can do it with a NES or SNES controller, which IMO is close enough.
I used to do that, but my current computer has bluetooth built in so now I use my Wiimote/classic controller.

Brooklon
_133 wrote:
PianoGameboy wrote:

Just curious, what would be the point of using a gameboy as a controller when there are tons of USB NES controller knockoffs that do what you're looking for at a fraction of the cost/difficulty?

East Kilbride, Scotland

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Retrolink-USB-N … 0523084939

This is the best one to get. Same control layout as the Game Boy, and it has great reviews (I own one, and agree that it's amazing for the price).

http://www.gadgetreview.com/2012/01/ret … eview.html

Philthydelphia
Victory Road wrote:

LSDJ: comic sans edition

Kill It. Kill It With Fire.