barf

there was actually good discussion going on there who cares if there are a few posts calling people babies or whatever

Tokyo, Japan

It isnt deleted, It is locked and moved to the graveyard. We can open it up again in a few days.

barf

sounds good

shanghai

seriously, i get what TSS is saying about mods closing shit, but this particular zzz thread isnt really fighting the case because its not really opening a discussion. Also, punks dead because its shit
In england we call that stuff 'American Pie Music' lol

Douglas, Wyoming
Downstate wrote:

American Pie Music

Oh man, my sides. It's just so true

Tokyo, Japan
Downstate wrote:

seriously, i get what TSS is saying about mods closing shit,

If you think someone (ie me) made a bad call in closing a thread, you are more than welcome to PM one of us, make your case and say why you think the thread should be open. You will always get a reply and, for example, in the case of the "customised gear" thread, maybe get it re opened. Locking a thread isn't a one way street and while I freely admit I personally have no sense of humor to speak of, the moderators are all totally accessible and will listen to any comments / ideas.

Douglas, Wyoming

Let's be honest that whole thread was going down the "let's all insult each other for doing something we like" direction and wasn't getting anywhere fast. That being said, we gotta be careful to not make this place a hugbox where everyone has to be super nice all the time.

shanghai
Lazerbeat wrote:
Downstate wrote:

seriously, i get what TSS is saying about mods closing shit,

If you think someone (ie me) made a bad call in closing a thread, you are more than welcome to PM one of us, make your case and say why you think the thread should be open. You will always get a reply and, for example, in the case of the "customised gear" thread, maybe get it re opened. Locking a thread isn't a one way street and while I freely admit I personally have no sense of humor to speak of, the moderators are all totally accessible and will listen to any comments / ideas.

no, sorry thats not really my point. my point was more that I appreciate / get it that TSS has his point of view on the matter   - that he doesnt care for censorship, and doesnt like the fact threads can be controlled / shut by someone........but  it personally doesnt bother me if a meme troll thread is closed..........im way too tired or high to give a shit tbh : P

shanghai
Monotron wrote:
Downstate wrote:

American Pie Music

Oh man, my sides. It's just so true

haha - my big bro is always like 'man whats with these kids and their pie music' haha always makes me chuckle

the idea of a provocative thread is to bring forefront a conceptual problem which cannot be solved by calm gentlemanly discourse. i know you already are aware of this in your heart of hearts

chipmusic.org an overthrown tsar complaining "well i must say this revolution is very infantile and hardly sporting whatsoever"

A gray world of dread

zan-zan, I have no problem in general with exposing flaws or problems by exploiting them. Or being provocative/hyperbole to make a point. If you overdo it though, you end up like Wile E. Coyote jumping on a warhead because it didn't go off like planned.
I've told you this elsewhere, but especially in a face-less, type-only environment like a forum you'll have to go that extra step of making yourself clear.

Brunswick, GA USA
OP wrote:

A question.

Moderator wrote:

An answer.

Saskrotch wrote:

A joke.

The Peanut Gallery wrote:

Mountains of noise.

Someone wrote:

A legit follow-up question.

The Peanut Gallery wrote:

More noise.

lazerbeat wrote:

Closing thread to control the noise level.

The conspiracy theory says that someone still has a question, but the peanut gallery ruined the thread on purpose to thought-police the topic.

I hope this is wrong.

Tokyo, Japan
Downstate wrote:

no, sorry thats not really my point. my point was more that I appreciate / get it that TSS has his point of view on the matter   - that he doesnt care for censorship, and doesnt like the fact threads can be controlled / shut by someone........but  it personally doesnt bother me if a meme troll thread is closed..........im way too tired or high to give a shit tbh : P

Well, this site never claimed to be a bastion of free speech. It wasnt intended to be 4chan (in the bastion meaning, not the whatever the fuck 4chan is now meaning) or anything. It is a website about chipmusic and its peripheral interests with a fairly loose set of rules which can be codified down to "dont be a dick head".

Walking into a hardware store and complaining that they dont sell apples and oranges is kind of fruitless.

A gray world of dread
Lazerbeat wrote:

Walking into a hardware store and complaining that they dont sell apples and oranges is kind of fruitless.

From what I gathered the intention was to discuss paradigm, which is fine imo. It was just totally botched in the mode of conduct.

Last edited by µB (Mar 25, 2013 1:16 pm)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
Lazerbeat wrote:

buh dum dum tsssh

Unsubscribe

Dont post on the weekend.