UK, Leicester
stargazer wrote:
8BitAesthetics wrote:

I've been wanting to make this FOREVER and finally had the opportunity to do it, thought you all might enjoy it:

Front shell Play it Loud White
Back shell Play it Loud Blue
White Battery door
Chipmusic in stereo screen cover
Inverted white backlight
Clear blue buttons
Internal prosound

What did you do with the other halfs?

He should make an inverted one.

Clifton Park, NY
Alpine wrote:
stargazer wrote:

What did you do with the other halfs?

Haha I was anticipating this question. I actually put this together from my personal collection as a project I have always wanted to see done now that I finally found a white PIL. I'm going to re-assemble the original colors, I could never allow myself to separate a white and blue Play it Loud haha. This project was to show a color combination that I have not seen a picture of yet. Just thought it would be a cool thing for everyone to see.

I could make the inverted one and take pics if you guys wanted to see it.

Santa Cruz, California
8BitAesthetics wrote:

...I could never allow myself to separate a white and blue Play it Loud haha. This project was to show a color combination that I have not seen a picture of yet. Just thought it would be a cool thing for everyone to see.

Dammit...

SLC, UT
8BitAesthetics wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Haha I was anticipating this question. I actually put this together from my personal collection as a project I have always wanted to see done now that I finally found a white PIL. I'm going to re-assemble the original colors, I could never allow myself to separate a white and blue Play it Loud haha. This project was to show a color combination that I have not seen a picture of yet. Just thought it would be a cool thing for everyone to see.

I could make the inverted one and take pics if you guys wanted to see it.

And for that, I thank you.

ohgodno, Indiana

Sanded down the outside/ALL buttons, clear screen cover
Clear start/select...No pro-sound needed

Made this one for rockman as a thank you heart

London, UK
b4by f4c3 wrote:

Sanded down the outside/ALL buttons, clear screen cover
Clear start/select...No pro-sound needed

Made this one for rockman as a thank you heart

That looks totally awesome. How did you get white silicon pads for the buttons? My d-pad silicons are always green. I had one white one but I don't know where it came from.

Casey wrote:

That looks totally awesome. How did you get white silicon pads for the buttons? My d-pad silicons are always green. I had one white one but I don't know where it came from.

I know, I wish the d-pad silicone pad was always white as well.  I'd use clear buttons on all my DMGs if that were the case.

ohgodno, Indiana

Alot of Play it loud editions come with white d-pad silicone and ive found a few in random DMG's so im guessing just 'good luck' lol
Wouldnt mind buying alot of stock of these along with the white lsdj sticker I used >..<

London, UK

Alot of Play it loud editions come with white d-pad silicone and ive found a few in random DMG's so im guessing just 'good luck' lol
Wouldnt mind buying alot of stock of these along with the white lsdj sticker I used >..<

Ah well I've a couple of clear PILs and they have the green one. I'll see what's inside of my yellow one some day.

Casey wrote:

Ah well I've a couple of clear PILs and they have the green one. I'll see what's inside of my yellow one some day.

All of my PILs had the green ones as well.  Maybe the Nintendo returbs had the green pad and the original had white?  Cause all my PILs had that Nintendo refurb sticker on the back. Never had an untouched PIL before.

ohgodno, Indiana
nerdsome wrote:
Casey wrote:

All of my PILs had the green ones as well.  Maybe the Nintendo returbs had the green pad and the original had white?  Cause all my PILs had that Nintendo refurb sticker on the back. Never had an untouched PIL before.

Now that u mention it [durr on my behalf] i did get it out of a original, and do u guys mean green or blue because ive never seen green but would totally trade/buy a few for some.

I think we all have a differing opinion of color. I think they're blue but didn't want to call them blue and confuse the thread.

matt's mind

can we see these green ones?  i've got parts from tons of gameboys (two bags of dirty silicone, gross), and there isn't a green one among them...

i'm guessing there is a blue/green confusion too

kitsch wrote:

i'm guessing there is a blue/green confusion too

I think that's exactly what happened.  I said green to avoid confusion but I guess I should have corrected them earlier by stating the color or more light blue than anything.

London, UK

Looking at mine now, and I suppose they are light blue, but a very green light blue. smile Sorry for the confusion.

matt's mind

i was secretly hoping you'd stumbled across a clone console wink