London, UK

Nope, only genuine DMGs in here as far as I'm aware. My colour memory just obviously wasn't very good. A bit worrying as my job involves knowing colours. smile

kitsch wrote:

i was secretly hoping you'd stumbled across a clone console wink

A clone would be able to play the Game Boy games right?  Because there's this on eBay which tried to be a clone but isn't quite...  Unsuccessful competition.

UK, Leicester
nerdsome wrote:
kitsch wrote:

i was secretly hoping you'd stumbled across a clone console wink

A clone would be able to play the Game Boy games right?  Because there's this on eBay which tried to be a clone but isn't quite...  Unsuccessful competition.

I wonder what it sounds like.

(219) Indiana, USA

I dont think the mega duck can play gameboy games because it looks like it has its own type of catridge placed in the box there. I could be wrong though...

Last edited by zaxxon (Mar 26, 2013 11:09 pm)

matt's mind

a mega duck won't play gameboy carts, unfortunately.

kitsch wrote:

a mega duck won't play gameboy carts, unfortunately.

Yea, I could tell it wasn't exactly a clone.  Just a copy cat device really.

Rare blue, clear buttons painted white underneath, white backlight, clear/white start/select, white power indicator, internal pro sound, white screen protector.  No alterations to that lekker shell!! 

The internals with mods were a straight transfer from another DMG I had lying around and I put it all together to discover that batteries aren't working in it.  They aren't dead.  Guess I will be taking it back apart letter to see what happened but not right now.

washington

nerdsome, from where did you get your *white backlight? mine is too yellow for my taste.

Last edited by basspuddle (Mar 27, 2013 4:11 am)

basspuddle wrote:

nerdsome, from where did you get your *white backlight? mine is too yellow for my taste.

Apeshit.  asmretro.com.  And they are very nice.

Clifton Park, NY
nerdsome wrote:

Rare blue, clear buttons painted white underneath, white backlight, clear/white start/select, white power indicator, internal pro sound, white screen protector.  No alterations to that lekker shell!! 

The internals with mods were a straight transfer from another DMG I had lying around and I put it all together to discover that batteries aren't working in it.  They aren't dead.  Guess I will be taking it back apart letter to see what happened but not right now.

Looks awesome, I'm a sucker for inverted white backlights,  I love it.

Last edited by 8BitAesthetics (Mar 27, 2013 5:29 am)

8BitAesthetics wrote:

Looks awesome, I'm a sucker for inverted white backlights,  I love it.

Thanks mate!  I only use white.  The other colors look nice but I don't find them actually useful without causing eye strain...  By the way, great job on those black start/select buttons.  They look factory and I love em.

London, UK
nerdsome wrote:

Great idea to paint the buttons from the inside! I have done game boys from the inside but never thought to do the buttons.

Clifton Park, NY

My aunt loves playing tetris, so this is what she's getting for her birthday.

Santa Cruz, California
8BitAesthetics wrote:

DO WANT 4 PRIDE!
That's sick.

UK, Leicester
8BitAesthetics wrote:

I am now your aunt

Teh D3th St4r wrote:

DO WANT 4 PRIDE!
That's sick.

You took the words out of my mouth dude

8BitAesthetics wrote:

How much would you charge to paint another shell like that?  I can gather the rest of the parts I just want a shell painted like that.  My wife has an obsession with rainbow stuff and plays bubble bobble all the time so that would be great to give to her.