Finland
octavialsilver wrote:

i challenge DKSTR to create a depiction of a cyberpunk band playing steampunk influenced instruments, using a limited palette of 8 colors you deem fit. be sure to show your colors upon submission. there are no other restrictions, have fun! big_smile

It's on, DKSTR accepts.

Luckily I've been playing tons of Borderlands during weekend so steampunk is kinda all I see at the moment:D

Cambridge, MA

Er... I'm up for doing a submission. Just nothing ridiculously complex please. I ussually do fairly flat minimalistic stuff so I'm not too experienced with "real" pixeling.
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6347/hotat6.png

I'm up for doing something different though, just not insane.

Edit:

Better example. But it's a crappy wip. =P

Last edited by BetaSynapse (Mar 22, 2010 6:52 pm)

Minneapolis

OK, I will now update the front page. Good luck DKSTR!

EDITED for epic typo.

Last edited by arfink (Mar 22, 2010 11:41 pm)

FERNDALE, MI, USA
arfink wrote:

EDITED for epic typo.

aww man, i love those!

Minneapolis

Yes well it used to say:

arfink wrote:

OK, I will not update the front page. Good luck DKSTR!

FERNDALE, MI, USA

hahahahahahha

Finland

Yeaah, things are moving nicely! I havent been doing pixels for years, didnt remember it's so fun AND frustrating at the same time haha:) Anyway, I'm gonna up my work later today.

Finland

A gig poster for steampunk band called Royal Highness, they have badass steampowered modular synth organ which requires 3 players and two church bells that have more cogwheels than you need. Oh and it was just a considence, but I think Octaviosilver plays the other bell and Huoratron the other one.

I admit, my palette usage was superduperlazy, sorry, as I said, havent done pixels in years! I know I have still hours left but I think I dont have any more time to do this, so I leave it this way.Thanks for Keff for some tips!

I try to post my challenge in couple of hours!

edit: I straightened couple of lines;) AND I saved the palette as .jpg, so it's little bit off, but there's 8 color on it!

Last edited by DKSTR (Mar 23, 2010 6:35 pm)

Turku, FIN
DKSTR wrote:

A gig poster for steampunk band called Royal Highness, they have badass steampowered modular synth organ which requires 3 players and two church bells that have more cogwheels than you need. Oh and it was just a considence, but I think Octaviosilver plays the other bell and Huoratron the other one.

I admit, my palette usage was superduperlazy, sorry, as I said, havent done pixels in years! I know I have still hours left but I think I dont have any more time to do this, so I leave it this way.Thanks for Keff for some tips!

Even though your pixels might be a little out of place here and there, this is super awesome. Great work bro smile

Finland
KeFF wrote:

Even though your pixels might be a little out of place here and there, this is super awesome. Great work bro smile

Thank you, mr. pixel keisari!

A gray world of dread

I really like the touch of art nouveau the cogs and bell ropes create. Oh and the beam of light. Very cool!

Cambridge, MA

Whoa very nice job! big_smile

FERNDALE, MI, USA

octavialsilver is playing a bell? AWESOME! i really love the palette and the composition of this piece. :3

Finland
octavialsilver wrote:

octavialsilver is playing a bell? AWESOME! i really love the palette and the composition of this piece. :3

..or the dude whos on your avatar at least haha.

I will post my challenge as soon as I make one up!

Philly/NY
DKSTR wrote:

edit: I straightened couple of lines;) AND I saved the palette as .jpg, so it's little bit off, but there's 8 color on it!

Radddddd!

Minneapolis

Wow, nice work! Can't wait to see who you'll challenge next.